Domain Empire

Scam Alert - Neomedia hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Scam Alert

I am posting this here so you are all aware of the Neomedia scam!

The owner of the datacenter that neomedia-host.com uses called me today!

We had a long conversation and nenet.net has made it clear that this neomedia-host company has never paid their bills... that is why I was experiencing bandwidth issues and Cpanel licence problems.
Basically he has been getting free service and has a huge bandwidth bill at the datacenter.

So Please be aware and I am asking that the ADMIN and the OWNER of this site take special note of this matter.

Please contact me if you like the number for the owner of the datacenter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as I know the guy bought $700 in hardware upgrades but never got them, so they owe him $700. So much for unpaid bills.

•••
Honestly, I know Neomedia, he hosts my websites. I previously had a server with Nebraska Networks, the datacenter at which he is at. He has paid them for a few months, including a RAM upgrade he still has not received. The other day NeNet (for short), forgot to pay the cPanel license, causing him major client loss. I purchased a server for a month, and its about 3 weeks past due date and they still have not shut the server off (I'm not using it though). Currently, my only website, http://hostshout.com, is hosted on Neomedia and I can't ask for better.

Last edited:
•••
Sad thing that's happened with NeoMedia. I'm still trying to work out what Im going to do after NeoMedia shutting down resellers. More to come later....

•••
PolurNET Communications will take over managment of Reseller Accounts

When we purchased a part of Neomedia-Host to make it one of our divisions in June 2005, we assumed it was going well, and the positive reviews on Namepros were accurate.

We have since worked with Simon (Admin of Neomedia) and I can confirm he has some personal issues, which may be the cause of some delays in response and management. However, I would definately not call him a scammer, if anything the company he was hosting with doesn't even have dedciated plans listed, and something with their website doesn't strike an end-user as being "professional". Although I can't confirm whose story is true, it's time to work ahead.

That said, we have already begun the process of transferring/working with Neomedia-Host Reseller clients to PolurNET Communications, as per Simon's request. Therefore, Neomedia-Host will be terminating its reseller services, and instead we (PolurNET) will take over. However, Simon has said the Shared Hosting clients can stay with him, since he has an large enough reseller account to use for them, and should be working out.

Hence, if you are a reseller customer of Neomedia-Host, and have NOT received our emails regarding the new change, we advise you to immediately contact our Live Support system during normal EST business hours or email [email protected]. We will inform you how to proceed to transfer and help you as well to perform the switch to PolurNET's more reliable, efficient network at the NAC datacenter, with many third-party stats available for proof of uptime.

So far, 4 of the 5 resellers we have contacted have agreed to make the switch and are thrilled to try our services, after talking with them live or via email. So there is nothing to worry about, except that any payments you already made to Neomedia-Host will NOT be dealt with us, and we are not responsible for how those payments were used. You may try and contact the admin of Neomedia-Host to see if he can possibly offer a refund for long-term payments.

Regards,
Anand A.

Chief of Operations
PolurNET Communications

Last edited:
•••
don't see how i scammed you. I mean i didn't steal you.
I even refunded you.
Just had problems with the datacenter.
I've learned a lesson i need to choose a well known datacenter.

Anyways its just a lesson i'll get back up and stronger.

•••
nomis135 said:
don't see how i scammed you. I mean i didn't steal you.
I even refunded you.
Just had problems with the datacenter.
I've learned a lesson i need to choose a well known datacenter.

Anyways its just a lesson i'll get back up and stronger.

I still don't have access to my WHM so he is holding 40-50 website hostage and my auto business is loosing 3000-4000 dollars a day!

This is not some 15 hosting business.... Peoples lives depend on our business making money so they can feed their kids, pay rent...

So as long as I have no access to WHM I have been scammed

Last edited:
•••
Well someon has to step up and give us our website ??!!

•••
This is a difficult situation, one Im having trouble figuring out what to do about. While it appears it wasnt Simon's fault, to us as his customers, it's still his responsibility, and that has not been handled well. On the part of lost cPanel/WHM I'm with you food_consult, it's lost in its entirety every single client of mine totaling over 50. ALL of my hard work over the past 3 months went into recruiting and satisfying those customers.... And investment had yet to recoup itself. Not only losing Invested money, but also future income from those satisfied customers. Needless to say Im very upset. I have tried all I can to recoup my losses, and it seems it won't happen. If it were not for my current financial situation (mostly after the recent loss of clients) I'd consider legal advice.... If anyone would like to shed some light on this situation, it would be wholeheartedly appreciated.

Wolf

•••
Guys lol you got to understand me i've lost lots also.
I've lost almost all my clients due to this i dropped from $200 per month to $27.

As for backups the server was put backup last night as someone asked nenet for a backup.

So i'm sure anyone that will ask will get it. Just mail [email protected]

•••
We have also offered all reseller customers of Neomedia-Host to help them transfer their backups to their new WHM with us. This will definately help you get back on your feet asap. If you have questions, feel free to let us know.

•••
My host used to use this but had to move after they closed down :'(

•••
Helping Out Neomedia

If you are with neomedia and need another host, ill help them out and give you one month free, where you can decide to stay after the one month free or leave.http://www.asmarterhost.com, If you need more information you can pm me.

To neo media if you think i should not post this here please pm me and let me know asap so i can deleate it. Im just trying to help you out.

•••
Thank you for letting us now.

•••
NeoMedia-Host has only stopped offering reseller hosting we still are offering Shared Hosting.

Resellers will be back soon as we are on the search for a better company to get a server from.

•••
nomis135 said:
NeoMedia-Host has only stopped offering reseller hosting we still are offering Shared Hosting.

Resellers will be back soon as we are on the search for a better company to get a server from.

Yes, Neomedia-Host will continue to offer shared hosting and still be a division of PolurNET Communications.

All ex-Neomedia resellers are now either located with us (PolurNET Communications) or have not made the switch yet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back