IT.COM

Scam alert! Be carefull!

NameSilo
Watch
Be carefull! I already "verified", but immediately changed a password.

com-service.name

Dear GoDaddy Customer,

=============================================
IMMEDIATE VERIFICATION REQUIRED FOR xxxx.com
=============================================

*ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, requires that all domain registrars maintain correct and current WHOIS contact data for domain owners.

You have registered one or more domains from Godaddy Inc. and verification of the Registrant email address is required for these domain name(s) to remain active. Please click the link below to verify the email address. If you don't verify your email address, we’re required to temporarily put your website on hold until verification is complete.*
Please cut-and-paste the following URL into an open web browser to complete the verification process:

godaddy * com-service.name /domains/contact-validation/mailverify/VerificationCode=473E-RTFU-QSZl-Z2QL-EFEE38A5869

Please do not reply to this email. Emails sent to this address will not be answered.
Thanks for being a GoDaddy customer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright (C)1999-2015 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. 14455 N. Hayden Rd, Ste. 219, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. All rights reserved.

Whois contact: https://whois.domaintools.com/com-service.name

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please cut-and-paste the following URL into an open web browser to complete the verification process:

This is where you see it's a scam. GD never asks to copy and paste but to simply click on the link.
To check the real origin of the links inside your emails you can simply hover on them, the real web address will show.

•••
This is where you see it's a scam. GD never asks to copy and paste but to simply click on the link.
To check the real origin of the links inside your emails you can simply hover on them, the real web address will show.

I clicked only, not copy past. After, I immediately changed password.

•••
I clicked only, not copy past. After, I immediately changed password.

Where were you redirected? Did they ask you some of your details? How did you understand it was a fake page?

•••
Where were you redirected? Did they ask you some of your details? How did you understand it was a fake page?

Redirected to "godaddy signin" page, put username and password, but was rejected

•••
Redirected to "godaddy signin" page, put username and password, but was rejected
it must be a phishing Page and not godaddy, have you carefully checked the url ?

•••

HHHMMMM...as far as I remember GD NEVER asks to input details. Once you click on the link in the email ( the real one from GD ) the system automatically verifies your details and you are told the email is verified.
Never fill in any details!

•••
•••
Reported it to the registrar
What an a** hole, I hate these people.

•••
•••
•••
Remember to use two-factor authentication at GoDaddy for an additional layer of protection. It is available worldwide now.

•••
Remember to use two-factor authentication at GoDaddy for an additional layer of protection. It is available worldwide now.
Can you please put some more light on it ?

•••
Can you please put some more light on it ?
Simply put, your phone is needed to access your account as an extra layer of security.

•••
•••
•••
2 factor authentication is the way to go. This sort of phishing won't work. If only godaddy makes it mandatory for everyone to enable the authentication.

•••
I got this mail too but didn't bother with it as I had already updated my details couple of months ago.

•••
As long as we are on the topic 'Godaddy Two-step verification", is it free to use the service? I mean isn't there any charges to use this services (outside USA that is)?

Cheers,

•••
2 factor authentication is the way to go. This sort of phishing won't work. If only godaddy makes it mandatory for everyone to enable the authentication.

I think they realised that if they do not have it in place, people who take security seriously, will ditch them.
In March, a security blogger, accessed an account at GD without much effort by using certain tactics via telephone.

If you are looking for a seriously secure account for your domains- go to Name.com and check their settings out. No other registrar comes close.... you'll need to fiddle around and check out all the features you can use, but once you do, you'll see what I mean. ;)

•••
•••
Can 2-step at GoDaddy be used on multiple accounts (same phone number)? I have a personal account, my investor account, one for my wife, accounts for clients... but only one phone number.

•••

Cheers for that, I didn't know it was now available worldwide - Just added and works well :)

•••

Erm? You got a questionable email out of the blue, opened the link and you entered your username and password?

•••
be careful....always check ...sender address in mail....
address in link provided ....
and even if you click...check web address ....in address bar

•••
Back