IT.COM

.us Saw a .US being advertised on a T-Shirt

NameSilo
Watch

Hurley4540

Account Closed
Impact
I was in line at a local store and the guy in front of me had a t-shirt on advertising of what I think was some Bike riding marathon or something. But what caught my eye was the website they had was .US.

B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think is a great idea but it's not new, I really don't understand why are you so surprised that is a dot us...

•••
Just never seen any tld's besides .com being advertised in the real world :O
(besides .net, .org)

•••
I see quite a few .us out in the wild (in ads and billboards). In fact, the last time I was in Las Vegas, I noticed a BENQ.US ad on a taxi (and they own the .com too).

•••
•••
technip.com has a HUGE billboard off I-10 in Houston promoting Technip.us for jobs

•••
Guess theres more being advertised than I thought....but I've never seen a .info being advertised...

•••
Hurley4540 said:
Guess theres more being advertised than I thought....but I've never seen a .info being advertised...

Hurley4540 said:
Just never seen any tld's besides .com being advertised in the real world :O
(besides .net, .org)

Have you ever travelled outside the U.S?
D-:

•••
I dont know about the others but in the UK we see .co.uk on sooo many cars etc.

•••
.co.uk is another story, that is VERY popular in the uk

•••
CBSCares.TV, TNT.TV, I see alot of .TV starting to show on the television.

Right you said real world, guess that may not apply to TV ;)

•••
The only ext that really matters in Germany is .de, but even so I still see .com .net .info .tv and .eu
I recently bought a .com name for a local neighbourhood project here and my neighbours were disappointed I couldn't get the .de. Only in Germany!

I'm no collector of .US but that's good news for .US fans. It would be nice if it became more established like other countries extensions.

•••
well some people like their country's domain over .com, feels local... anyway I saw something like "Placename"Coachservice.info on staff T-shirt well that really suprised me they should have done a .co.uk

•••
Back to the OP's theme ...

I was reading a small town newspaper today and saw an ad for a regional recycling company that was using a LLLL.us acronym for their website. Always nice to see them in use.

•••
I've seen the past couple of weeks two different US trucking companies using a .us on their trucks here in Canada.

•••
the dog barber shop we have here is advertising their .com on the wall itself, also via bulletin board you can see a .com for plastic ads.

•••
Hurley4540 said:

MTA.info is advertised frequently here in NYC.

It's for info on the Subways and Buses.

A while back a major Gambling site was advertising 888.info on the radio.

They used the site to promote free poker lessons online.

It was a way to get around the law prohibiting advertising of gambling sites.

Patrick

•••
whitebark said:
I've seen the past couple of weeks two different US trucking companies using a .us on their trucks here in Canada.
Funny you should mention that ... I was on the NYS Thruway recently and saw a tractor trailer sporting a .CA website URL ... just as we were talking about .US domains and using generic domains in marketing. My sales-job friend asked if .CA stood for California ... LOL ... lots of educating to do on both sides of the border but we'll get there eventually.

•••
Who knew...

I sold mta.us last month.

•••
According to country.lol..Here I see a lot of .com.my :p

•••
Sorry guys, just in the USA not much being advertised except for com, net, org.... :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back