IT.COM

Santa Postcard Express

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi guys ,

I have just finished creating my new website , a Postcard service . You will receive a holiday postcard from Santa Claus .
I know the season has passed, but Christmas is 24/7/365 days a year in my heart .

Link: https://esanta.xyz

What do you guys think ?

Thank you,
Cristian Badea

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Despite all the artificial hype around the .xyz domains, they are still crap and associated only with scams and spam.
But Ok, let's talk about the site itself.
I don't see somebody searching for this kind of site for ordering a Happy New Year greeting card for his family, friends, etc.
The only way this site could work is only with an exceptional domain name such as SantaClaus.com, HappyNewYear.com, etc.
Another way is to offer a really exceptional customized greeting card design.
And even in this case, you would need a very good promotional campaign. Anyway, these sites work only for 1 month a year.
I would not spend my time on such a site.

Last edited:
•••
Despite all the artificial hype around the .xyz domains, they are still crap and associated only with scams and spam.
But Ok, let's talk about the site itself.
I don't see somebody searching for this kind of site for ordering a Happy New Year greeting card for his family, friends, etc.
The only way this site could work is only with an exceptional domain name such as SantaClaus.com, HappyNewYear.com, etc.
Another way is to offer a really exceptional customized greeting card design.
And even in this case, you would need a very good promotional campaign. Anyway, these sites work only for 1 month a year.
I would not spend my time on such a site.

Thank you for crapping on my 1 month work :) Building a service from scratch is not easy, fyi .
I don't care about the domain name in particular , I care about the finish product . If you have money to buy such domains, good luck !

Poorly written review about the service .
It seems you are frustrated with .xyz

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for crapping on my 1 month work :) Building a service from scratch is not easy, fyi .
I don't care about the domain name in particular , I care about the finish product . If you have money to buy such domains, good luck !

Poorly written review about the service .
It seems you are frustrated with .xyz
I just say what I think about .xyz and what all of you think too, but never dare to say.
I didn't say you did bad work, but I said there is no potential for this site.
You wanted an opinion, you got It.
.xyz is nonsense crap. What does It mean? Nothing. I can understand a lot of extensions: .net, .org, .club, .guide, .info, and .biz, but what is .xyz?
Nothing.
All this artificial hype will end with a massive drop of all .xyz.
Your site can be in demand for only 1 month each year.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why do you ask for review if you are not ready to hear opinions?

•••
I like the idea of this website. My kids (2 and 5) would be very excited to receive a postcard from the North Pole.

I have a few suggestions:

1) State the price more clearly. I found it eventually, but it took me a while! I think you should restate it near the order form.

2) The 4 choices of cards aren't very kid friendly. I would offer some with cartoons or something else that kids would like.

3) What's the card going to say? If you're writing my kid (especially as Santa) I need to know ahead of time what the text will be.

4) Just personally, I'd prefer the letter to come from an elf rather than Santa himself. Could that be a choice during checkout?

Santa is very busy, and the expectations for a Santa letter might be too specific. For my kids, a letter from an elf would be more believable.

5) What's the expected delivery time? Can I pre-order and choose when I want it mailed?

Some sample cards that are completely filled out would really help.

I like the idea and I think starting now is smart so that you'll be all ready for Xmas 2023. Good luck!

•••
I like the idea of this website. My kids (2 and 5) would be very excited to receive a postcard from the North Pole.

1) State the price more clearly. I found it eventually, but it took me a while! I think you should restate it near the order form.

2) The 4 choices of cards aren't very kid friendly. I would offer some with cartoons or something else that kids would like.

3) What's the card going to say? If you're writing my kid (especially as Santa) I need to know ahead of time what the text will be.

4) Just personally, I'd prefer the letter to come from an elf rather than Santa himself. Could that be a choice during checkout?

Santa is very busy, and the expectations for a Santa letter might be too specific. For my kids, a letter from an elf would be more believable.

5) What's the expected delivery time? Can I pre-order and choose when I want it mailed?

I like the idea and I think starting now is smart so that you'll be all ready for Xmas 2023. Good luck!
Google "Santa postcard" and you will get a bunch of sites offering the sending Santa Claus postcards.
Some of those sites have attractive domains, and other ones are just well SEO-optimized to get appeared on Google's first page.
eSanta.xyz is not a very attractive domain and the extension .xyz adds the feeling of a scam or spam.
This site is not something to get a good income, even if you spend a lot of time optimizing it or pay someone for optimization, this site will bring income only 1 month in a year, and even in this case, the competition is very high.
This site is not profitable.

•••
Google "Santa postcard" and you will get a bunch of sites offering the sending Santa Claus postcards.
Some of those sites have attractive domains, and other ones are just well SEO-optimized to get appeared on Google's first page.
eSanta.xyz is not a very attractive domain and the extension .xyz adds the feeling of a scam or spam.
This site is not something to get a good income, even if you spend a lot of time optimizing it or pay someone for optimization, this site will bring income only 1 month in a year, and even in this case, the competition is very high.
This site is not profitable.

Why are you so attached to this thread? You've already stated your opinion, repeatedly.

I'm adding you to my ignore list.

•••
Nice initiative. The jumbotron.jpg background is unnecessary large, it renders too slow. You can reduce the size of this JPG without noticeable quality loss here: https://ezgif.com/optimize - With a "80%" image quality factor setting, the size goes from 6.44 MiB to 1.24 MiB.

Last edited:
•••
Why are you so attached to this thread? You've already stated your opinion, repeatedly.

I'm adding you to my ignore list.
Because we don't talk about the pie or sandwich but evaluate the website's profit potential.
Why do you want to support him in a business that he will spend his time on, but which will not bring him income?
He can invert his time and knowledge in something else, but not in a potentially failed project.

PS: I don't care where you add me, loser.

Last edited:
•••

Thank you for the valued opinion .
The postcards design are made by me using Canva software and the postcards are created and sent using the API from Clicksend.com , so I presume that the timing of arrival will depend on the country they are sending the postcard to, I presume that they are sending it from India ?!

1. Will re-add the price next to the form to be more visible .
2. I will create new postcards and / or modify the current ones
3. Please review attached one of the samples.
4. Good idea actually , will try to implement .
5. For time of arrival, please review : https://help.clicksend.com/article/...take-for-letters-to-be-delivered-via-the-post

Attachments

• Screenshot at Mar 09 18-07-47.png
    Screenshot at Mar 09 18-07-47.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
•••
Nice initiative. The jumbotron.jpg background is unnecessary large, it renders too slow. You can reduce the size of this JPG without noticeable quality loss here: https://ezgif.com/optimize - With a "80%" image quality factor setting, the size goes from 6.44 MiB to 1.24 MiB.
Thank you , will do this in the next update , I had the impression I already did it :D

Last edited:
•••
This might be helpful, might not -

My kids have an Elf on the Shelf (branded toy). Lots of kids do. Theirs is named Anna. During the lead up to Xmas she hides in a different place in our house each night and the kids enjoy looking for her in the morning.

During the non-Christmas times, the official fiction from the company is that Anna goes back to the North Pole. My kids sometimes wonder how she is and are excited for her return.

They'd probably like a letter from her now, during the off season. Lots of kids might like one from their elves too.

You'd need to have an input for the name, and be careful about their trademarks. I'm sure you could say "get a letter from your elf" though.

Last edited:
•••
This might be helpful, might not -

My kids have an Elf on the Shelf (branded toy). Lots of kids do. Theirs is named Anna. During the lead up to Xmas she hides in a different place in our house each night and the kids enjoy looking for her in the morning.

During the non-Christmas times, the official fiction from the company is that Anna goes back to the North Pole. My kids sometimes wonder how she is and are excited for her return.

They'd probably like a letter from her now, during the off season. Lots of kids might like one from their elves too.

You'd need to have an input for the name, and be careful about their trademarks. I'm sure you could say "get a letter from your elf" though.

Thank you very much for the idea presented, I am working on a new project now, but as soon as I finish it , I will make some updates to esanta as well .

•••
Hi guys ,

I have just finished creating my new website , a Postcard service . You will receive a holiday postcard from Santa Claus .
I know the season has passed, but Christmas is 24/7/365 days a year in my heart .

Link:

What do you guys think ?

Thank you,
Cristian Badea

Hi guys ,

Link:

What do you guys think ?

Thank you,
Cristian Bade
Your idea is fun and I appreciate your initiative. However, there are a few things I noticed about your project that could be upgraded. First of all, esanta exists as a dot com.

That in itself doesn't need to be a deal breaker, if youre committed. The page appears to offer a similar service, in that they offer to forward a holiday greeting, for free. Rather than sink your festive ship, it could be an opportunity in big red suit and beard. The website (his/hers/their's) is under developed and is offering a free service. Was it a whim? Perhaps, they'd be receptive to sell.

If you're not interested in buying that domain, you may want to kick up your game. For example, your artwork could be upgraded to original art work instead of stock photos. Use your own if you have a great Christmas shot for example. You could, maybe, use the the xyx as part of your marketing. "Easy as xyz! Go the extra mile" a bit lame, I know, but you can see what I mean.

Best wishes

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back