Domain Empire

.РФ Registration To Start At 10 Million Rubles

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact

The new Russian IDN .РФ Domain Name Registration To Start At 10 Million Rubles.
(Just Over $300,000 U.S.)

This is after the Russian government and TM holders have secured their names first.

Heres the breakdown:

Steps to open registration

The cost of a step number registration services for the end user (A) (USD) (VAT included) The cost of the service coordinator for the Registrar (USD) (including VAT) Period Note
1 10 000 000 80% of A 1 day (24 hours), from Tuesday 12:00 to Wednesday 12:00 (hereinafter referred to a break in registration until the following Tuesday, that is, until the 2 nd phase)
2 1 000 000 80% of a 1 week from Tuesday 12:00 to Monday 12:00, then "1 week"
3 500 000 80% of A 1 week
4 250 000 80% of A 1 week
5 100 000 80% of A 1 week
6 50 000 80% of A 2 a week from Tuesday 12:00 to Monday 12:00 hereinafter referred to as "2 weeks"
7 10 000 80% from a 2 week
Score: 8 weeks total duration period, the price reduction
8 market price is determined by the registrar of 70 rubles. Tuesday 12:00 - without limiting the validity period of the standard price

Note: The period begins at 12:00 and ends at 12:00, too. Between periods of a day during which the registration is required.

Этапы открытой регистрации

№ шага Стоимость услуги регистрации для конечного пользователя (А), (руб.) (с учетом НДС) Стоимость услуги Координатора для Регистратора (руб.) (с учетом НДС) Период Примечание
1 10 000 000 80% от А 1 день(24 часа), со вторника 12:00 по среду 12:00 (далее перерыв в регистрациях до следующего вторника т.е. до 2-го этапа)
2 1 000 000 80% от А 1 неделя со вторника 12:00 по понедельник 12:00, далее "1 неделя"
3 500 000 80% от А 1 неделя
4 250 000 80% от А 1 неделя
5 100 000 80% от А 1 неделя
6 50 000 80% от А 2 недели со вторника 12:00 по понедельник 12:00 далее "2 недели"
7 10 000 80% от А 2 недели
Всего: 8 недель Общая длительность периода снижения цены
8 рыночная цена, определяется регистратором 70 руб. со вторника 12:00 – без ограничения срока действия Период стандартной цены

Примечание: Период начинается в 12:00 и заканчивается тоже в 12:00. Между периодами один день в течение которого регистрации не проводятся.

Íîâàÿ ñòðàíèöà

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so users type in russian characters to access the domain names?

Do they also only allow russian chatacters before the . as domain names?

And is .РФ how it appears or is it lieke currently where it'll be like xn--po-x19 or something

•••
$300,000 U.S. to register one domain name?
Is this some kind of joke?
Or, am I missing something :-/

•••
$300,000 U.S. to register one domain name?
Is this some kind of joke?
Or, am I missing something :-/

Perhaps one of those "better because its more expensive" things.

•••

I see a land crawl in the works.

;)

•••
So whats the final amount to register one ?

•••
Yes, Russian script will be used both before, and after the dot.

They (Russian Citizens), after the government and trademark owners, receive their respective domains, will be able to purchase as follows (approx price):

$317, 000 - 24 hour Period.

1 week break.

$31,000 - For 1 week

$15860 - For 1 week

$7952 - For 1 week

$3173 - For 1 week

$1586 - For 2 weeks

$317 - For 2 weeks

$2.50 - As I Read It, For A Time To Be Determined By Registry, Before settling at a regular price as determined by the registry.

•••
•••
I don't see this extension getting very popular, but then again Russians are kind of proud of their cyrillic alphabet and maybe it take soff, but not in the nearest future because .ru is very well settled in their minds.
Luckily I speak Russian so maybe I'll try and find some good names for $2,50, but with the number of Russian domainers I guess most will be taken by 00:01 at nigh when the price changes :)

•••
I don't see this extension getting very popular, but then again Russians are kind of proud of their cyrillic alphabet and maybe it take soff, but not in the nearest future because .ru is very well settled in their minds.
Luckily I speak Russian so maybe I'll try and find some good names for $2,50, but with the number of Russian domainers I guess most will be taken by 00:01 at nigh when the price changes :)

I watched .ru get extremely popular in about 2 years time. I think .РФ will be much faster.

Starting to look at Russian personals now, got to find a new wife, and get that passport! :talk: Just kidding!

•••
.ru is adopted as a common tld not only by Russia but by many other neighboring countries. .РФ is supposed to be designed only for the Russian Federation.

•••
.ru is adopted as a common tld not only by Russia but by many other neighboring countries. .РФ is supposed to be designed only for the Russian Federation.

True statement..

That being said; .РФ will follow in the same way. Bulgarians, Ukrainians, -- in fact many Russians in the United States will also use cyrillic.РФ

Рамблер.рф probably looks better than rambler.ru to a Russian speaker anyways.

It would be kind of like asking a Brit whether he liked Candy.co.uk or 糖果.英国 I think he would choose the former. :guilty:

•••
This is a misleading statement.

".ru is adopted as a common tld not only by Russia but by many other neighboring countries."

True. But .ru was also created to serve only the Russian Federation, just like all ccTLDs.

".РФ is supposed to be designed only for the Russian Federation."

True. But that doesn't preclude other countries from adopting .РФ just like they adopted .ru

All countries using the cyrillic alphabet will be able to access .РФ just as easily as the Russian Federation; Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazahkstan, Belarus, etc.

•••
This is a misleading statement.

".ru is adopted as a common tld not only by Russia but by many other neighboring countries."

True. But .ru was also created to serve only the Russian Federation, just like all ccTLDs.

".РФ is supposed to be designed only for the Russian Federation."

True. But that doesn't preclude other countries from adopting .РФ just like they adopted .ru

All countries using the cyrillic alphabet will be able to access .РФ just as easily as the Russian Federation; Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazahkstan, Belarus, etc.

.ru though meant for Russia is also about all russian-speaking internet (RUnet), but .РФ is not about russian, it's about the Russian Federation. my 2c.;)

•••

The new Russian IDN .РФ Domain Name Registration To Start At 10 Million Rubles.
(Just Over $300,000 U.S.)

This ensures majority of domainers to stay away from grabbing first tier names!! :lol:

•••
A less complicated way to ensure they get more $ from top domains then auctioning them. Its not a bad strategy also for maximising revenue as auction only means they get a small amount above the amount that the person with second highest value for the domain values the domain at. Like this they might get closer to the amount the person with the highest value for a particular domain values it as they would be scared to leave it till the next price fall in case someone else takes it. Could also end with less revenue like this though but the main plus side of this method its much simpler then other recent launches.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back