Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven McEvoy

CFaDN.comTop Member
Impact
Hey NPs!

I am looking for some feedback and advice on my website, AroundChristmas(dot)com.

Things I could use points on:

1. Theme
  2. User Friendly
  3. Shop
  4. Ads
  5. Posts
  6. Logo
  7. other
Thank you so much, and you can click the link in my signature for the direct website link.
Follow me on social media @ steventmcevoy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. change "christmas" fonts!
2. change "christmas" fonts!
3. change "christmas" fonts!
4. design better homepage header
5. make footer dark red (the same shiny red in header and footer hurts eyes)
6. change color to main menu (it is very difficult to see it)
7. redisign the main menu
8. delete santa moving here and there, it is too dizzy
9. delete ads from footer
10. delete useless plugins as christmas calendar for example

•••
Personal preference - but I don’t like those old style lonnngggg websites where you must scroll down and downnn to view the content. All or most of the content should appear without the need to scroll.

This one isn’t as long as some lonnnng websites tho.

•••
Personal preference - but I don’t like those old style lonnngggg websites where you must scroll down and downnn to view the content. All or most of the content should appear without the need to scroll.
This one isn’t as long as some lonnnng websites tho.
So, you preffer website WITHOUT content?
Because it is impossible to make not "loooong" and "old style" website (as you name them) with a good content.
Or you mean post one just parragaph on eah page?

•••
Look at eBay. It scrolls two pages on a cell phone. One on a desktop.

Facebook login page (home page you will see before login). One page only no matter what device.

These long a** webpages went out the window twenty years ago because back then people didn’t know how to make multiple pages but among some, these endless scroll pages are making a comeback. Not with me.

Last edited:
•••
Look at eBay. It scrolls two pages on a cell phone. One on a desktop.
spin your mobile 90* and you will need to make 4 scrolls on eBay.
most people dont like click each time to read or to see more...

•••
Why am I turning my phone sideways?

One or two pages is all you need on mobile and on a desktop if it doesn’t all load in one page - forget it.

Ideally you want to examine your website on mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop to see how much effort is required to view content. That first landing is the most important. If someone’s attention isn’t grabbed upon that first landing and first view of what he sees without scrolling, you’ve lost already.

BTW, What kind of phone what operating system and version are you using? Mine is iPhone 7plus ios 11.1.2 From our discussion in the other thread you’re not seeing what I am seeing anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Why am I turning my phone sideways?.
for understand that you never could know how your visitors see your website, maybe they preffer use thier mobil with horizontal view, maybe they have a lot of bars on thier brawser and would need much mure than 2 scrolls to see you website.
you think all people like "short" pages as you, and this is your mistake.

•••
Well if you turn this lonnnng website sideways it’s even worse takes like eight scrolls to see it. Your thought supports my conclusion.

Anyway you must not be running iOS 11 on a newer iPhone because turning phone sideways splits it into half website (on right) and half browser History, on left. Makes it so you’re basically seeing a thumbnail of the website.

If you’re going to have a long scroll website reserve this for the mobile version. The desktop version must load one page only.

I’ll leave this alone now. I’ve stated how I feel and it’s well known that you must grab attention on first landing so however this is done it must be done.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back