IT.COM

Results of Dot SU Auction

NameSilo
Watch

Rubber Duck

Account Closed
Impact
http://www.xn--c1ajbwt.su

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http://www.xn--c1ajbwt.su/&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Results of domain auctions in the zone. SU
According to the results of closed bidding, Tourism, Job, Gifts, Auto & Leisure were among the most expensive domain names in the zone.

туризм.su 50.000$

работа.su 42.999$

подарки.su 30.015$

авто.su 30.005$

отдых.su 22.290$

знакомства.su 20.000$

секс.su 15.575$

квартиры.su 15.010$

такси.su 10.010$

домены.su 10.000$

тур.su 9.999$

хостинг.su 7.999$

перевозки.su 7.005$

ремонт.su 5.551$

ипотека.su 5.200$

фото.su 5.105$

я.su 5.098$

пиво.su 5.009$

аренда.su 5.005$

стройка.su 5.000$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BTW I'm wondering how popular .su is vs .ru :?

•••
Kath said:

A few months ago, I read that 1 million .ru domains and 10.000 .su domains were registered.

•••
Kath said:

Nada. But Dot SU will always be bigger for IDN. The only people who have an IDN in dot RU are the Kremlin, and there is no intention for there ever to be any more.

•••
Rubber Duck said:
Nada. But Dot SU will always be bigger for IDN. The only people who have an IDN in dot RU are the Kremlin, and there is no intention for there ever to be any more.

Huh ? And why should IDNs work better with the Soviet extension than with the Russian one ??? It really doesn't make sense...

•••
michaeldotcom said:
Huh ? And why should IDNs work better with the Soviet extension than with the Russian one ??? It really doesn't make sense...

It has been decided, but not ratified by ICANN that there will be two Russian extensions. One in Unicode and one in ASCII. The intention is to block all keywords that don't match the script of the extension. Dot RU is therefore going to be an ASCII only extension.

•••
Rubber Duck said:
It has been decided, but not ratified by ICANN that there will be two Russian extensions. One in Unicode and one in ASCII. The intention is to block all keywords that don't match the script of the extension. Dot RU is therefore going to be an ASCII only extension.

If I understand your explanation correctly, this would mean :
- keyword in Latin character set with .ru
- keyword in Cyrillic character set (IDN) with .рф
Is that what you meant ? That would make sense to me ?

But I don't see what all this has to do with .su ???

Last edited:
•••
michaeldotcom said:
If I understand your explanation correctly, this would mean :
- keyword in Latin character set with .ru
- keyword in Cyrillic character set (IDN) with .рф
Is that what you meant ? That would make sense to me ?

But I don't see what all this have to do with .su ???

Spot on so far.

What it has to do with SU is that there are not going to be any home grown Russian IDN of any description until 2009, or at least that would have been the case until they decided to run with the SU extension. This is probably at least in part to try to ensure that dot Com has at least some competition during the long hyping up to the .рф launch. Their problem is the their publicity will mean people are interested in buying IDN but Verisign is the only provider able to supply.

However, Yandex the main Russian search engine is not IDN.com friendly at the moment. It may be that it will respond to dot SU. Who knows? But if it does there is money to be made from dot SU.

•••
Rubber Duck said:
Spot on so far.
What it has to do with SU is that there are not going to be any home grown Russian IDN of any description until 2009, or at least that would have been the case until they decided to run with the SU extension. This is probably at least in part to try to ensure that dot Com has at least some competition during the long hyping up to the .рф launch. Their problem is the their publicity will mean people are interested in buying IDN but Verisign is the only provider able to supply.
However, Yandex the main Russian search engine is not IDN.com friendly at the moment. It may be that it will respond to dot SU. Who knows? But if it does there is money to be made from dot SU.

OK, I understand what you mean.

But frankly it doesn't make any sense for a Russian enduser (business etc) to invest in a IDN in .su.
They should rather wait a while for the .рф launch. Search engines like Yandex aren't ready anyway.
So I don't see why a Russian business would invest $xx,xxx in a IDN .su which will be worth nothing in 1 or 2 years after the launch of .рф. And a IDN .su just doesn't look reputable anyway as I explained in my previous posts.

•••
These are not exactly big lumps of cash. I think you can easily throw a nought on the end for the .рф launch.

michaeldotcom said:
OK, I understand what you mean.

But frankly it doesn't make any sense for a Russian enduser (business etc) to invest in a IDN in .su.
They should rather wait a while for the .рф launch. Search engines like Yandex aren't ready anyway.
So I don't see why a Russian business would invest $xx,xxx in a IDN .su which will be worth nothing in 1 or 2 years after the launch of .рф. And a IDN .su just doesn't look reputable anyway as I explained in my previous posts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back