IT.COM

Restrictions on quick sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I saw an auction on ebay which said the sale was to be completed through escrow.com no earlier than 60 days from the date the seller registered it. Is that just some escrow.com rule or is that true of any sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That rule is true of registrars in general. It is protection of registrars and the registry in general, to prevent the registration of a domain name at let's say Godaddy with one of their current promotions, and then the instant transfer to Enom (who's domain management system is easier to use)

This also protects against fraud.

If you are trying to transfer to a buyer, please let them know that due to restrictions of the registry, the domain name cannot be transferred for 60 days.

You can search google or yahoo (I have already searched google for you with the link below) as to information on the registry restrictions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&q=domain+name+60+days&btnG=Search

Hope that helps, and if you need anything else just post on the boards or contact me privately via PM

Cheers!

-Steve

•••
No rule, its a personal requirement by the seller.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back