IT.COM

[Resolved] PHP Script Problem From Server Move

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
PHP Script Problem From Server Move

I recently moved my game site to a dedicated server and now one of the key functions is not working. I can no longer add any games. I can submit a game through the admin cp as usual and it shows up in the right category and in the folder on the server. However, I get a blank page (not a 404) whenever try to access that game's page on the site. In contrast, games that have already been there show up fine. CHMODing the folder to 777 keeps the page from being a 404 and puts the target page on the server but no page is showing up on the site. Any idea what the problem could be?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ensure you have got display errors enabled to see if anything shows (revert the settings back after).

If that proves no luck try creating and accessing a game again then view your apache logs it may display the error in there.

•••
Thanks for the help. Tech support for my dedicated server says it was being created with the wrong owner and group. Now I just need to find where I can change it at. They told me how to do a command for it but would prefer to find the file so I dont have to do it each time.

•••
it is apache that is creating it under the wrong user and group not the php script so you will not find a php file to edit that will change that.

•••
Thanks for the info. You are correct. Just talked with my server and now it is working fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back