Dynadot

opinion Reseller running a live website even after selling the domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rjdomain

Account Closed
Impact
Hi All,

I want to bring to notice to all the users at namepros regarding my domain name "Bankings.net".

I bought this domain name at an auction at namepros from the seller @fighal . This seller sold me this domain without informing that there is already a live website of this domain.
This seller is running a live banking website in nigeria whose information was not revealed at the time of the sale.
I just came to know today from one of the user that there is already a website live on this domain. I was surprised to know the fact that the seller hide such a critical information which may be his malafide intent.

Could you all please suggest what further action needs to be taken against the seller? I want to remove the website and detach/delink my domain namefrom that website and for this what i need to do?

Is this not unfair and illegal on the sellers part to hide such a critical information?

Thanks to the user who notified me about this incident.

Your suugestions would be most welcome. Please help me on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This thread is totally absurd.

I wonder how u compare buying a land and buying a domain. During buying a Land you physically go and cheçk the land and if there would have been any house built on the land then its visible.

Dude, this is exactly the same. Before to buy any domain you should check by yourself, and it includes AT LEAST a whois check, a google search and a direct visit to the domain, to see if it's parked or unresolved or developed.

If there is a blacklisted or sandboxed website the domain name have loses most of its value, because you have to wait a lot of time to HOPE (it's not certain) to have your new domain unblacklisted or unsandboxed. Sometimes the disclaimer is not enough.

•••
This thread is totally absurd.

Dude, this is exactly the same. Before to buy any domain you should check by yourself, and it includes AT LEAST a whois check, a google search and a direct visit to the domain, to see if it's parked or unresolved or developed.

If there is a blacklisted or sandboxed website the domain name have loses most of its value, because you have to wait a lot of time to HOPE (it's not certain) to have your new domain unblacklisted or unsandboxed. Sometimes the disclaimer is not enough.
That's why i said in my previous post that i took this case as learning. There was negligence from my side as well and o accept that.

Thanks for ur suggestion. But it is not absurd.

•••
IMHO it is absurd because you were accusing the seller of running a live website in the first post, and only after a while you realized it can't be seller's fault.

•••
You still don't understand. The seller did nothing wrong. You are 100% at fault and seller is 0% at fault. You still haven't understood this based on quotes from your last 2 messages...

but i must say at last that atleast you should have informed me about the website

No he didn't need to inform you of an active website. F#$king visit a domain before you buy it!

negligence from my side as well

No there is not neglicence on his side... not even a little.

An apology that still places part of the blame on the other party is not an apology.

•••
Always check the name servers after the name is transferred into your account. As mentioned previously Some people will knowing keep the name servers the same. BUT it's your responsibility to change them to the Registrars default or wherever because after the transfer it's in your control not his.
Before shaming someone's reputation you should be absolutely certain of the facts. Good thing he was able to see this thread and defend himself because looks like some in the thread gave you too much credit and assumed you meant the sites history etc. Which is apparent that's not what you meant. There is a saying "When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”.
I'm sure you've at least learned a couple things from this thread.
Welcome to Namepros:)

•••
Who buys a domain without a search - Google or somewhere else? Checking Ahrefs, SimilarWeb, Alexa, ScreenShots or Archive.org - any or all of the aforementioned would have likely provided the background information you needed to either avoid the purchase or save the inappropriate critique of the seller. The seller has ZERO responsibility for this and you even in your thread ending apology you continue to insist some of the onus should be on him. Plain and simple you just don't get it.

•••
An apology that still places part of the blame on the other party is not an apology.
That's right! Hell, had he done this to me, I would have posted a bill for the bandwidth and hosting space!

•••
I have personally apoloized to the seller @fighal
This was not a deliberate act and intentionally done. This all happened as i was dealing first time with a Domain having a website.
I sincerely apologise to all of the users at namepros.
And above all i thanks everyone for your guidance and knowledge which will keep me aware and familiar with the technical aspects while dealing with websites.

•••
Thanks you all for your supports, I appreciate a lot. Indeed we are one BIG Family.
One Love

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back