NameSilo

Researching Domains with Google's "Exact" Searches

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Researching Domains with Google's "Exact" Search Results

I never really know what to make of Google's "Exact" search results when researching domain names.

Most of the time I search out domains I usually get a huge number of "Exact" search results until I get to the last page.

I like to have my settings at 100 results per page and most of the time the last page is anywhere from page 2 - 10 and then I see that huge number of results drop into the hundreds.

For instance I own GamesHalfPrice.com, so I searched out "Games Half Price" and I get about 192,000 results, but then I get to the last page and it's page 4 and then I see only 372 results.

What am I to believe?

:-/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check the last page to see if there's an option at the end to do the search over and include all results.

Google will hide pages/sites with duplicate content.

•••
I don't see what is really gained by doing this. If you check the adword keyword tool. The phrase [games half priced] is searched less than 10 times per month globally.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
•••
Here are the results I get at first,
https://www.google.com/search?q="ga..._qdr=all&prmd=imvns&filter=0&biw=1024&bih=614

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I don't see what is really gained by doing this. If you check the adword keyword tool. The phrase [games half priced] is searched less than 10 times per month globally.

I always use Googles keyword Tool but I also like to see what pages come up under certain phases and just wanted to ask why Google does what it does with these search results.

But I also know others use this type of research, even Toby Clements said he does.this. In the interview on his website he said to go to Google and put the domain you are considering in quotes and do your search.

Last edited:
•••
Here are the results I get at first,
https://www.google.com/search?q="ga..._qdr=all&prmd=imvns&filter=0&biw=1024&bih=614

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I always use Googles keyword Tool but I also like to see what pages come up under certain phases and just wanted to ask why Google does what it does with these search results.

But I also know others use this type of research, even Toby Clements said he does.this.

Ahh. Thanks for the insight :)

•••
I never really know what to make of Google's "Exact" search results when researching domain names.

Most of the time I search out domains I usually get a huge number of "Exact" search results until I get to the last page.

I like to have my settings at 100 results per page and most of the time the last page is anywhere from page 2 - 10 and then I see that huge number of results drop into the hundreds.

For instance I own GamesHalfPrice.com, so I searched out "Games Half Price" and I get about 192,000 results, but then I get to the last page and it's page 4 and then I see only 372 results.

What am I to believe?

:-/

I wonder if what you can actually see is the regular index, the other results that they tell you they have but don't actually show up, is the Supplemental Index.

•••
The phrase [games half priced] is searched less than 10 times per month globally

Excuse me, but "globally" you said?!
Under "Advanced Options and Filters" you ticked -
Take them OFF and only then it will truly be "globally".

•••

Great advice Kamikaze, you stole my thunder though:'(

:wave:Kamikaze:bah:

•••

Umm no, those are the local settings. It is less than 10 exact searches globally. Try it.... The phrase gets 0 exact searches in the US.

•••

What SK1990 said, doesn't matter what you check off, the global results are the same, it's < 10

What you check, will be your Local Monthly Searches, for me United States/English. Global is Global.

See the screen shot above where it has Global <10 and Local - . Unchecking it, like you said, will just result in Global <10 Local <10

Last edited:
•••
I guess it's my bad then... cheers JB ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back