[REQ-LOGO] See.Okinawa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
Looking for a placeholder logo for See.Okinawa. Okinawa is a prefecture of Japan. I would like the vector image in order to make as big or small. Contest amount is small as it's just a placeholder for now, but if effort is seen, I will contact you for a better design. I will also need designs done for each city flag done in the future (see below, disregard for this contest).

Type of Contest : Logo
Prize : $30 USD
Contest End Date & Time : Nov 13 @ 12:00 EST
Size Requirements : Vector and PNG exported at 2000 width.
Color Requirements : Okinawa red for a white background
General Requirements :
This is a website for Okinawa tourism to see specific sites with GPS coordinates to easily map your destination there. Keep it simple or wow out.
Additional Information :
Here are some images of the prefecture flag and Okinawa to incorporate into your designs. By searching Google, you can get a cultural taste of Okinawa and it may help your initial design.

The Kanji for Okinawa is 沖縄 if you can work that into the design. It is known by other Asian countries, as is Okinawa.

japan-okinawa.gif

map%20of%20okinawa.gif

(bad, but the best rough outline of Okinawa I've found in seconds)

Shi-shi are also seen everywhere, but they come in pairs. This is the cutest (others look "mean"). One has its mouth open and the other one closed.
images

Good luck!

Okinawa City
800px-Flag_of_Okinawa%2C_Okinawa.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any interest in a design entry?

•••
Any interest in a design entry?

I get the impression you have the skills to DIY?

Maybe time is a constraint?

I guess you are the other .Okinawa purchaser? :D I have Japanese.Okinanwa

Good luck.

•••
Many legitimate .okinawa purchases as I have zone file access for it.

Japanese.Okinawa is a pretty narrow niche as there are expats that need to learn business Japanese to have gainful employment here (if their first/second language isn't English already). It costs about $10,000 per a 6-8 month program, excluding room and board.

Good luck with it, hit me up if you want me to make some cold calls to JSL schools (or want a list of them as they do speak broken English).

No, I got out of graphic design years ago with PS6. I use GIMP and Word for simple stuff. I could do it internally, but thought I would bring a contest or so to the forum in order to recruit talent.

No rush on the placeholder logo, just there is a contest deadline and no replies of people stating they will enter, which leads me to believe there is no interest seeing others.

-David

•••
Living in Japan?

Lived in Thailand for few years, speak, but cannot read Cantonese and Thai and quite a lot of Greek!

Believe it or not I was looking at the Japanese community in Okinawa that speak English never even thought about learning Japanese, must be getting even older than I am!

Many legitimate .okinawa purchases as I have zone file access for it.

Japanese.Okinawa is a pretty narrow niche as there are expats that need to learn business Japanese to have gainful employment here (if their first/second language isn't English already). It costs about $10,000 per a 6-8 month program, excluding room and board.

Good luck with it, hit me up if you want me to make some cold calls to JSL schools (or want a list of them as they do speak broken English).

No, I got out of graphic design years ago with PS6. I use GIMP and Word for simple stuff. I could do it internally, but thought I would bring a contest or so to the forum in order to recruit talent.

No rush on the placeholder logo, just there is a contest deadline and no replies of people stating they will enter, which leads me to believe there is no interest seeing others.

-David

•••
Closed at OP request / No entries

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back