Domain Empire

Regular links with reciprocal ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I wonder , most of these web directories have two options as

Regular links - free
Regular links with reciprocal - free

Now whats the advantage we get if we give a reciprocal ? Do we get a better place then others who don't back link to the directory ?

and also these reciprocals have a SEO value ? i mean does Google count them as back links or it effect the PR ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thats just the way PHPLinkDirectory works, which is the most popular free directory script. I think that the software is made that way so webmasters can charge a cheaper price with a reciprocal link, but most just make them both free. Reciprocal links are considered to be worth much less than one-way links. Nonetheless, on my blog, I have submitted to over 30 directories, most of which only make a reciprocal optional, but I always do a reciprocal, and I am doing pretty well, with a PR5 and a lot of Google traffic. Some directories will give you a featured link if you post a reciprocal, but they'll let you know that.

•••
usually what i see some common arrangements on different phpld owners, they tend to list those who don't link or reciprocate back like weeks and it's not guaranteed to be listed, but if you link back it will only be within 24 hours and it's guaranteed listings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back