Domain Empire

Registrar lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can someone remid me what the term registrar lock means again? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WuLabsWuTecH said:
Can someone remid me what the term registrar lock means again? Thanks

What is Registrar Lock?
Registrar Lock (also referred to as High Security) is a feature that locks all of the information in a domain record at the Registry so that it cannot be modified.

When active, Registrar Lock prevents a domain name from being transferred, deleted and/or modified by a third party. The only way to modify any of the information for a particular domain is to log into your Master Account.

When active, Registrar Lock prevents a domain name from being transferred, deleted and/or modified by a third party. When you make changes to your domain record from within your Master Account, the system will unlock your domain name to submit the changes to the Registry. Once those changes have been made, Registrar Lock will be activated again.

•••
Order Locking is a useful security feature. In this status no one can make ANY modifications to this Order, or transfer it away unless it is unlocked.

•••
To help simply things, Registrar-Lock, at the very least, prevents any domain
registrar transfer. What else it does is up to the current registrar.

•••
register lock means access prohibited

•••
so is the expiration date listed on the WHOIS the expiry of the Domain name or the registrar lock?

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:
so is the expiration date listed on the WHOIS the expiry of the Domain name or the registrar lock?

The expiration date in the whois records would be the date that the domain expires. There's no expiration for "registrar lock" as a domain can be locked and unlocked manually in your account at any time. :tu:

•••
Ok, well I originally sent to them
I see that the domain xxxxxxxxxxx.com is not currently in use but
registered to you. Are you looking to sell this?

Thanks
-Ambrose

their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that this domain has actually been recently sold.

We are sorry, the current owner is not interested in selling the domain
name.

We appreciate your interest, however the current owner's decision is final.

If you wish to register your own domain name, please go to
http://www.moniker.com/ for more domain availability options.

Domain Registrations are available from as low as $3.99 per year to $18.99
per year (depending on extension and volume).

So you are aware, Moniker.com provides full domain sales and escrow services
for your domain purchases.

Moniker.com also provides domain appraisals, website hosting and email
solutions, all at the industry's best prices!

Sincerely,

Moniker.com Support Center

Moniker.com
More Than A Name!
Phone:800-350-6923
Fax: (954) 969-9155
mailto:[email protected]

- Show quoted text -

Right now the domain is in registrar lock until the 15th of May as it's expiry. Then there is a redemption period i hear of. When whould be the earliest that I could get that domain?

THanks
-Ambrose

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:
Ok, well I originally sent to them

their response:

Right now the domain is in registrar lock until the 15th of May as it's expiry. Then there is a redemption period i hear of. When whould be the earliest that I could get that domain?

THanks
-Ambrose

Maybe the middle of june or early july. Depends on the length of the redemption period. I heard that at godaddy it's 60 days or so and at one(can't remember the name, may be registerfly or domainsite???) it's about 7 days.

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:

Here's a nice display of how the deletion cycle works in the life of a domain. :)

http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

•••
so how do I know what stage of deletion a certain name is in?

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:
so how do I know what stage of deletion a certain name is in?

Well if the expiration date is May 15th, then it's not even expired yet. The current owner still has over a month yet to renew it and even when it is expired they still have so long to renew (depending on the registrar). If that's the expiration date then most likely it will expire in mid-end June or early part of July. :tu:

Send me a pm if you'd like with the name and I'll help you further and make sure that's the correct expiration date. :)

Last edited:
•••
Well, I was thinking of hiring someone to grab it for me. Thinking around 800 to 1000 NP$ should cover the costs of the reg and push with a handsome profit left over. Is this a good idea or should I just do it myself?

•••
WuLabsWuTecH said:
Well, I was thinking of hiring someone to grab it for me. Thinking around 800 to 1000 NP$ should cover the costs of the reg and push with a handsome profit left over. Is this a good idea or should I just do it myself?

If it's a nice domain with any kind of traffic at all, then most likely it will get snapped up. If someone was to try to snap it for you, then the 800-1000 NP$ offer would be a drop in the bucket to cover the costs. If you figure atleast $60 for the snap and the registration of the domain, then it wouldn't even be close to covering everything and make someone's time to help you worthwhile. If you figure on an average exchange rate of .016 for NP$, then your offer would be $12.80 - $16.00 and that wouldn't cover it if it was a name that someone had to go after with a snap. May want to reconsider your offer a bit there. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back