Registering at Yahoo

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

john_karr

Top Member
Impact
444
Anybody register there domain names at yahoo, why and why not?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I heard the Yahoo! Small Business is having an offer on domain sales...

Not sure though, check it out.
 
0
•••
Hello where can i post my domain name for sale on this site?
 
0
•••
Yahoo are terrible to register at. I have never registered a name there, though i know people who hame. Also, about the domain sales, when it comes to renewal they will bump up the price =O
What ever you do, don't register at Yahoo :P
 
0
•••
Relating to your question on where to post your domain for sale, their are various marketplace forums.

Post at the respective forums, whether for cash or for np$.
 
0
•••
it is murder to transfer either sideways or out. avoid.
 
0
•••
yoshiwara said:
it is murder to transfer either sideways or out. avoid.
He is talking about domain registration, not about transferring...
 
0
•••
I registered one ($1.99/y promo) for 5 years. It's a personal project, so I don't plan to sell it, and even if I did, I'd just transfer it away AND cancel @ Yahoo.

Bottom line: Great for personal use, if registered for more than a year. Avoid if you plan to sell the domain or develop for commercial purposes.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Yes.

I got one off of their small busness thing...

It was ok, basic CP....

I do dynadot now, I like them :)
 
0
•••
If its a domain name your planning to hang onto go ahead.

If you're buying to resell its best to avoid them. Last time I looked there was no push mechanism between Yahoo accounts. I dont know if this has changed in more recent times.

I dont know how difficult it is to transfer out to another registrar from Yahoo, as they are bound by the ICAAN rules, but I seem to recall that when they had specials running they had no transfer provisos for long periods of time in their terms and conditions.

Read the terms and conditions currently being used very carefully is the best advice I can offer.
 
0
•••
By the way, they are offering domains for 2.99$ per year.
 
0
•••
^.com and .net?

.info's are cheap if its only them.
 
0
•••
Yes, for .com and .net

1 Waived setup fee offer is open to new Web Hosting customers only. Limit one offer per customer, and one use per customer on a single account. Web Hosting price offer is open to new Web Hosting customers only. Limit one offer per customer, and one use per customer on a single account. Offer expires on 12/31/2005 at 11:59PM and is available only through Yahoo! Small Business. Offers may not be combined with any other offers or discounts, separated, redeemed for cash, or transferred. Other terms and conditions apply; see the Yahoo! Small Business Terms of Service when you sign up.
 
0
•••
Omg, i waisted $5 on a domain last night. bought it for $7.

Do they take paypal
 
0
•••
Waived setup fee offer is open to new Web Hosting customers only
 
0
•••
i got 2 domain names from yahoo to sell is there any way i can sell it is it too late?





omnia said:
If its a domain name your planning to hang onto go ahead.

If you're buying to resell its best to avoid them. Last time I looked there was no push mechanism between Yahoo accounts. I dont know if this has changed in more recent times.

I dont know how difficult it is to transfer out to another registrar from Yahoo, as they are bound by the ICAAN rules, but I seem to recall that when they had specials running they had no transfer provisos for long periods of time in their terms and conditions.

Read the terms and conditions currently being used very carefully is the best advice I can offer.
 
0
•••
From what we hear from all kinds of folks they're tough to work with for domain traders. If you're just buying one domain name that's another thing.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I've got one I registered with yahoo last year, I don't really care much for them though. In fact I'm planning on transferring mine out of yahoo.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back