IT.COM

Register domain anonymously

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Register domain anomayosly?

Is there any company which will register a name for you so you don't show up as the owner on a whois?

I want to have a little privacy and after hearing about a guy getting a phone call at his house from a fanatic fan I don't want that to happen to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RegisterFly.com (protectfly.com) - 2.50
godaddy.com (domainsbyproxy) - 9.00

I do not know the prices on these
aplus.net
itsyourdomain.com

•••
•••
And enom also just got into the game.

•••
But I also have to host my domain with those companies too, right? I would rather pick my own host.

•••
Nope, hosting is separate from domain registration. With all the companies listed above you can reigster a name and specify nameservers for your hosting provider.

•••
I worry about losing my domain to such a service. Don't know if it would happen or not, just worried.

•••
Ok that is good. So I guess the question is which service now has the best service for the value, I seen a couple posted here. Any reason why I shouldn't go registerfly? They seem to have cheapest.

•••
Originally posted by eclectro
I worry about losing my domain to such a service. Don't know if it would happen or not, just worried.

Yes I'm not completely comfortable with having some other company name in the whois either. I also hated getting phone calls from people looking up whois so now I just put a fake phone number to stop that.

•••
I had one name with godaddy and used their service and have 3 names using protectfly with RegisterFly.com. The service is the same with Registerfly being cheaper.

•••
I don't think its really worth paying extra in my case.

•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
I don't think its really worth paying extra in my case.

If you can get someone to provide it for free, I am on board :)

•••
•••
What percentage of tens of millions of domain registrants receive such calls any way ?? Why pay any extra $s ?
Seems like buying a $35 million painting at Christie's Auction...!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back