Impact
Costs are listed p.a.
1 Year $35 => $30
2 Year $35 => $20
3 Year $35 => $16.7
5 Year $35 => $10

Doh.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So cheap, I am going to register a bunch

:)

•••
•••
When will they and NetSol stop charging so much?

•••
Good news...thanx fer da info.

•••
I dont really know why they charge so much

•••
They are obviously after the non-domainer, no domainer in their right mind would use them, the general public needs to learn the ropes...

•••
ZuraX said:
When will they and NetSol stop charging so much?
When people stop registering them there. These price cuts show how there business is doing. They are losing 14,000 domains per month.

•••
nice to see an attempt, but I think it is a little too late. too many other companies doing a decent job at much cheaper prices godaddy,enom,namecheap,etc... I expect they will continue to lose domain customers, except for the newbies that have no idea on pricing. If you register for 5 years I guess it's not horrible, but not many people wanna register for that long especially if you are just trying to sell it in a few months.

•••
seanmccann said:
When people stop registering them there. These price cuts show how there business is doing. They are losing 14,000 domains per month.

Where'd you get that figure?

If they keep lowering their prices to the industry average, expect them not to
offer 24/7 toll-free phone support much longer.

•••
Tippy said:
They are obviously after the non-domainer, no domainer in their right mind would use them, the general public needs to learn the ropes...

:bingo:

They're taking advantage of less-notified people. They give a very professional look up front which tells the business, usually a small to medium sized one, to say, "Hey, what the heck; I'll register it."

It's a strategy, but I'm sure, sooner or later, they're going to have to reduce prices; you can never fool your customer for too long :] !

True_Snake

•••
davezan said:
Where'd you get that figure?

If they keep lowering their prices to the industry average, expect them not to
offer 24/7 toll-free phone support much longer.
Sorry it is more like 20,000 per month. All registar figures are available at webhosting.info.

So if they are losing 20k domains per week and GD is gaining 100k that makes quite a big gap.

•••
The only good thing about Register.com is their name!

Nuff said,
ST

•••
If they want to have much of A impact,they will need to drop the one and two year regs some more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back