Watch
Impact
i have this site

bannershop.ca

if i go to it via typing in "bannershop.ca" only the pagerank is none

but if i type in "www.bannershop.ca" the page rank is 4

whats up with that

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dont think it takes that much time

•••
but google wouldnt know the link came off until it was next indexed

•••
PageRank only updates every few weeks to months. It's not an instant thing, nor is it computed every time the index is updated. What you're seeing is due to a PR update this week not propogating to all 100,000+ servers instantly. Since the toolbar has a list of servers to choose from when it goes to check a site's PR, some were updated while others were not. You can use an online tool like pagerank.net to get the new PR reliably.

Anyone who thinks someone can alter your PR by takign away a link instantly hasn't thought about PR... it's a recursive function that has to be run over the entire 5 billion+ page index in order to be computed, because every single link has to be accounted for in order for the equation to balance (the result is 1, actually). In the process the PR of each page is computed. There are estimation algorithms that are faster, but computing PR likely takes several days on a cluster of computers.

•••
I think its just a gliche - But I've seen it happen today several times and as far as i can tell I'm not opening in any frames by proxy or anything - this is the domain I host most others at - but in different directories - ???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back