NameSilo

domain Reducers.com - brandable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The_General

Established Member
Impact
Reducers.com has very little global search volume (~1000) for a 1 word domain but I thought this could be a brandable for a service industry involved in reducing something; debt, weight, waste, risk, energy consumption etc.

If it makes any difference, the name was created in 1998. However, as far as I can see, has never been developed.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on resell value and a moderate end user price.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like it personally, I think it is a nice brandable. I would say, low-mid $xxx reseller and low $x,xxx end user... imo

Good luck!

•••
•••
Thanks for your replies, it's really useful to have other peoples opinions on names like this.

@IceDude - Thanks, I like it too! Those price points were what I had in mind too.

@ImageAuthors - Thanks for the extra info. I had seen that reducers were used in engineering, it's one of the reasons I went for it as I thought it had multiple exit options - product keyword (although quite niche), brandable (other business targeting options) and 1 word so I should be able to sell it to a domainer for a small loss if I had to.

Thanks again, I'm pretty new to all this and just finding my feet! Any other views would also be appreciated.

•••
@The_General,

The logic in that decision is very sound.

Low $x,xxx isn't aiming high enough. Maybe you'll settle in that range for an end-user sale. After all, nothing is ever guaranteed. And, as you say, the topic of reducers (piping / tubing) or speed reducers (gears) are quite "niche". But such companies manufacture very expensive components. The reduction gears on a submarine, for example, are worth more than I'd make in a lifetime.

If Reducers.com were mine, I'd begin the negotiations in the $10k to $20k range and work downward. $20k is unlikely. But domains related to manufacturing can sell for much more than that, actually -- especially when the company is primarily focused on one product, known for it, but has competitors.

Probably mid $x,xxx. But ask for roughly $15k and see how things go.

And, yes, if you wanted to sell at a slight loss, you'd find domainers -- myself included -- to buy.

•••
@ImageAuthors - that's really interesting advice and it gives me some confidence in my decision - thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back