Dynadot

sales Recent IDN Sales

NameSilo
Watch

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.Top Member
Impact
You may use this thread to report recent IDN sales.

Here are a few to start off with:

möbelwerk.de german 1,074
Motorräder.net german 3,668
Händlercheck.de german 3,275
Flüssiggas.info german 4,833
hämatit.de german 2,640
Régime.com french 5,500
börsentreff.de german 1,329
Badmöbel.net german 3,960
boliglån.com danish 2,730
seniorlån.se swedish 1,170
Badmöbel.com german 6,604
Schilddrüsenpraxis.de german 4,016
Imóveis.net portuguese 1,800
klima-häuser.de german 1,350
meingeschirrspüler.de german 1,013

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's a few more from 2012.

Domain * Translation * Language * Sale Price

山东.com - Shandong - Chinese (province) $13,341
Блог.com - Blog - Russian $3,435
新竹.com - HsinChu - Chinese $1,500
扑克.org - Poker - Chinese $1,100

•••
I'm seeing léna.com on the Sedo marketplace auction. Always good to see IDNs getting a piece of the action!

•••
I'm seeing léna.com on the Sedo marketplace auction. Always good to see IDNs getting a piece of the action!

when they are 'pure idn's' and not cyrillic english cover ups it is a good a thing no dobt

•••
when they are 'pure idn's' and not cyrillic english cover ups it is a good a thing no dobt

Many have been trying to get SEDO to stop allowing "mixed script" IDNs which are worthless.

Lots of unknowing people getting shafted regularly.

•••
Spotted another one being auctioned on Sedo - ïcloud.com, and Billidn, it's mixed script :D They do sell!

•••
Spotted another one being auctioned on Sedo - ïcloud.com, and Billidn, it's mixed script :D They do sell!

Yup, to fools and the unknowing who think they are buying something of genuine value.

Most of these sales initiated from Russia, Ukraine and other parts of Eastern Europe and some now from India. Here's the scam: The "seller" puts up the name up for sale at SEDO, and then his "buddies" start the bidding that catches the interest of other "shoppers". Then they wait and before long the shill takes the bait and ends up with worthless crap.

Then they repeat it again. Check the reg date on these names, almost all new regs. A lot of this has been documented at monikerblog.com (not affiliated with the registrar).

I have no affiliation with this blog site except to say "thanks" to the guys who run it for trying to clean up these "shell" games.

Last edited:
•••
It would be interesting to revisit this thread a year from now and see how many 'dud cyrillic domains' have been sold

I think chinese, japanese and russian idns are the pick of the bunch as verisign implements country scripts into native language

•••
You can add Arabic, to that list!

•••
•••
Here's another one I spotted on Sedo Auctions: aɜ.com

•••
Here's another one I spotted on Sedo Auctions: aɜ.com

I wonder why they bother ....... doesn't pass the radio test ? is that one a mixed script ?

•••
I believe so...nothing came up in Google Translate.

•••
I wouldn't like to see mixed scripts banned. Some names in mixed script are natively used (e.g., mp3ダウンロード.com - one I own). It wouldn't solve the homeograph problem anyway, as some of these are composed in 'pure' native characters.

•••
Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) Москва.com ("Moscow" in Russian) was completed in July 2011 when the final installment on a $216,000 purchase price was paid. That is the highest verified sale price reported to date for an IDN.

Last edited:
•••
The actual price was $16k

•••
Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) Москва.com ("Moscow" in Russian) was completed in July 2011 when the final installment on a $216,000 purchase price was paid. That is the highest verified sale price reported to date for an IDN.

I think gamble in japanese script went for more a few years ago , would have to ask over at IDNF/com

•••
Here's a few more from 2012.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back