IT.COM

Quick scroll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can I suggest the opposite? What should NP remove?
Or at least give an option to remove in settings.

The scroll bar element that appears when I move my mouse cursor near the browser scroll bar. It does the same thing as the home/end buttons on keyboard.
It also appears every single time I scroll my mouse wheel even one click and then disappears after a second or so.

Since I never use it what happens is that I end up having a random square on my web page that just blinks while I'm reading, scrolling and generally going about my business.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now that you mention it the distraction square is more dominant than ever :(

•••
Can I suggest the opposite? What should NP remove?
Or at least give an option to remove in settings.

The scroll bar element that appears when I move my mouse cursor near the browser scroll bar. It does the same thing as the home/end buttons on keyboard.
It also appears every single time I scroll my mouse wheel even one click and then disappears after a second or so.

Since I never use it what happens is that I end up having a random square on my web page that just blinks while I'm reading, scrolling and generally going about my business.

Use Ad block or similar and just ask it to remove that element. I did that a long time ago, I never see it, I strip away everything I don't want to see on a site.

I removed chat, and every other thing that I did not care to view, it makes the site easier on my eyes and targets me to what I want to see.

PS. I do leave some of the ads for the sites I support unless they are crazy big.

•••
Use Ad block or similar and just ask it to remove that element. .
Yeah I have it off in thinking that I'm helping to support the site by allowing ads.

Now that you mention it the distraction square is more dominant than ever :(
Strange I don't remember it being there long, just recently I really noticed it and it began distracting me. I'm not sure if I had ad blocker on before or NP recently implemented it or what but it's one of those once you're aware of it you can't ignore it kind of things.

•••
The domainer's blind spot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back