Dynadot

discuss Questions for those who use Afternic landers...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi guys.

I've never used Afternic landing pages before but I think it might be time to give them a try. For those of you who use Afternic landers...

1. Which nameserver lander seems to work best for you?

2. Do all your names have a BIN price? Or are some left unpriced (Make Offer only)?

3. Do your priced names also have a Floor price and Reserve price? Or do some only have a BIN price?

4. If yes to #3, what "percentage formula" do you tend to use for the Floor and Reserve prices?

Thanks for your input! 🙂

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't use Afternic's landing page, and I will never consider using the landing page of the domain name trading platform in the future ( Using their landing page, means you import clients to them and pay them exorbitant commissions, just to enjoy their free landing page )

But all my domains has listed as BIN on Afternic, their distribution network is still very powerful. The BIN/Floor/Reserve price on Afternic is NormalPrice/0.75, so that I can get full amount when domain name is sold.

Why not consider to create your own domain landing page, so that customers can contact you directly. Isn't it better to face customers yourself? After the price is negotiated, whether you or buyer pay the transaction fees, through Escrow or SEDO or DAN , the fees lowest to about 3%.

•••
The BIN/Floor/Reserve price on Afternic is NormalPrice/0.75, so that I can get full amount when domain name is sold.
Thanks, but are you saying that you use the same 0.75 price for the Floor *and* the Reserve prices?

•••
Thanks, but are you saying that you use the same 0.75 price for the Floor *and* the Reserve prices?

Yes, Actually, this is meaningless, buyer also can make offer, they will contact you when have an offer.

Let me give you an example, it is a domain listed in my afternic account:
1.png

When someone search this domain on Godaddy
2.png

The Price is $11,880 ( This should be the latest change of GD. The price displayed on GD before is $11000 )

And click "Get It" to buy this domain, will see:
3.png

Buyer can MakeOffer, and the min offer is 65% of the price. ( You can try your some domains, will also see the same, buyer can make offer start at 65% of the price )

GD is very hateful, even if you don’t need buyers to bargain, GD will still ask buyers to make offer at a minimum of 65%,

Why does the domain name you set do not allow price negotiation at all, but GD allows buyers to negotiate prices? This is a question worth considering, so I have always insisted on using my own landing page, and face customers by myself.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not having a ton of luck finding answers to questions 3 & 4 (see below). Discussions, yes, but not many answers.

"Do your names listed on Afternic have a Floor price and Reserve price? Or do some only have a BIN price? If yes, what "percentage formula" do you tend to use for the Floor and Reserve prices?"

•••
When I used Afternic for all my portfolio, I tried various permutations. The floor and reserve prices tended to be perhaps about one half or more. Then I received some messages suggesting that I lower the minimum bid prices.

The problem was, I felt, that this was giving a misimpression. And I also realized that this could be more of benefit to Afternic than to me. Basically, it could help create leads for them for customers thinking that they could actually get that unrealistically low price.

It made more sense to me to keep the minimum and the floor closer. That worked for one domain, but ultimately I preferred to simply have one set price as the floor, minimum, and buy now.

Granted, I'm sure others have a different formula, and hopefully they can provide an answer of the best forumula for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back