Dynadot

status-resolved Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

promo

MemberRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Impersonation is not allowed on NamePros, and we actively combat it. We have an entire spreadsheet of cases where we've stopped it.

Please don't spread lies like you've just done. Your assumptions about how we operate are often wrong and I'm constantly correcting you. Please post more responsibly.

Ohh so I am a liar now am I?

Let me ask you, are you a liar or do you just suffer from bad memory?

Because according to my memory a few people, myself included, brought this persons shenanigans to YOUR attention in September of last year.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/billionaire-paypals-500-good-or-bad.1040320/

Now what did you chose to do? Ask the person why they were impersonating someone that they were clearly not? Or did you delete all the hard questions from the thread and close it so no-one could get any answers? If my lying memory serves me right, you chose to close the thread and let the person prepare his scam instead of acting on our warnings.

So please ACT more responsibly in future. Maybe fever people would get scammed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It appears that the thread you linked to was originally handled by other mods, including as seen in this post here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/billionaire-paypals-500-good-or-bad.1040320/#post-6350255 - I had to step in later because some members failed to adhere to @Kenny's instruction: https://www.namepros.com/threads/billionaire-paypals-500-good-or-bad.1040320/#post-6351017

A member claiming they are earning more money or making sales that may not have happened (Which was the main on-topic debate in the thread you referenced) doesn't automatically mean they are going to commit a scam or fraud. We also can't prove or disprove financial statements, nor can anyone unless the money transfers through a trusted source that can confirm it.

The posts removed were off-topic and antagonistic personal attacks. That's why they were removed.

Reminder:
Impersonation is not allowed on NamePros, and we actively combat it. We have an entire spreadsheet of cases where we've stopped it.
You insinuated that NamePros staff does not take any actions on situations like I outlined above and that couldn't be further from the truth. Which is why I said the following:
Please don't spread lies like you've just done. Your assumptions about how we operate are often wrong and I'm constantly correcting you. Please post more responsibly.
It's impossible to predict who is going to break a rule and when. We can't take action on accounts without solid proof.

Our investigation isn't focused on an avatar of women in a bikini, that's actually very minor compared to what we are actually investigating. Nor would it be appropriate for us to require someone to prove something like that. If it's a famous person's face or a picture we know is misrepresenting (Corporate brand logo of Google, Apple, etc.), then we take action to verify and remove if the user can't verify.

Can you reference a report or thread about this member trying to scam someone prior to our current knowledge to help our investigation?

•••
•••
Hello,

I am unable to locate a report or notification about the posts you referenced.

The first link you posted references the avatar as being associated with the website TampaBayJetSkis.com which happens to also be owned by the member using the avatar. It's ok for members to use their website images/avatars.

The second link you posted has nothing to do with the avatar and appears to be a discussion about domain selection on a beach, in a bikini. Which may be a questionable conversation for some, but does not qualify as adult.

Was there a different post on one of those pages I missed? I only checked the post(s) you linked to.

•••
•••
I guess it was in the thread from the link above, where a bunch of stuff was deleted.
It sounds like it might have been overlooked in the process of cleaning up the thread. I don't believe anyone reported it, which would have allowed us to investigate and confirm the member was using someone else's pictures, which we don't allow.

In the future, please report it or open a support thread regarding it so we don't miss anything in the midst of 30+ off-topic deletions.

Thanks for tracking it down and sorry we missed it,

•••
It sounds like it might have been overlooked in the process of cleaning up the thread. I don't believe anyone reported it, which would have allowed us to investigate and confirm the member was using someone else's pictures, which we don't allow.

In the future, please report it or open a support thread regarding it so we don't miss anything in the midst of 30+ off-topic deletions.

Thanks for tracking it down and sorry we missed it,

The evidence I believe was posted in the thread but it was deleted, then the thread was closed. So it was there.

Last edited:
•••
So it was there.
I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't there. I meant that it wasn't reported to us and therefore it was likely missed while deleting 30+ off-topic posts (Needle in a haystack when our main object at that moment was to remove off-topic posts, maybe there was tunnel vision with that objective).

I can't stress it enough, but issues that involve our rules being broken or things regarding NamePros need to be reported to us using the report link or contact customer support. Reporting things in a thread (Unless it's in the feedback or support forums) is not the way to report it to us and we will most likely miss it, which is the reason we have a rule against doing it. We want to be able to track each report and investigate when necessary, and we can't do that if they're not reported in the proper channels that we monitor.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't there. I meant that it wasn't reported to us and therefore it was likely missed while deleting 30+ off-topic posts (Needle in a haystack when our main object at that moment was to remove off-topic posts, maybe there was tunnel vision with that objective).

I can't stress it enough, but issues that involve our rules being broken or things regarding NamePros need to be reported to us using the report link or contact customer support. Reporting things in a thread (Unless it's in the feedback or support forums) is not the way to report it to us and we will most likely miss it, which is the reason we have a rule against doing it. We want to be able to track each report and investigate when necessary, and we can't do that if they're not reported in the proper channels that we monitor.

I'm not following. In the thread it was shown it's a dude. It was deleted. So somebody reported something for mods to go in and delete. I can't go in after and tell you not to delete what's already been deleted. Then there were other threads bringing up points. It's too late now. I don't have all the links anymore, new computer. Looks like Grilled is gone now. Other people pointed out stuff. I remember there was a bikini instragram that the pic was lifted from, person was not named Tara. Their own instagram is now unavailable. https://www.instagram.com/tampabayjetskis/

"It appears that after a clean-up attempt to get the thread back on-topic, constructive, and eliminate antagonistic commenting, that some chose to continue along the same path."

That seems like you were getting on the people pointing the stuff out.

Last edited:
•••
In the thread it was shown it's a dude. It was deleted.
Everything in the thread that was deleted was off topic. Posts about the OP using someone else's avatar is also off topic. Those posts should have been deleted and they were deleted.

Before, during, or after those off-topic posts were deleted, someone would have needed to contact us to let us know about the avatar. The reports that we did receive were for off-topic discussion and that's what was resolved by the mods: off-topic posts were deleted. As I said, any other rule violations at that time were overlooked because they weren't the objective. The objective was to remove the off-topic posts like the report said. If there was a report that said "this person is using someone else's picture" then I can almost guarantee you that it wouldn't have been missed and their avatar would have been changed/removed within 24 hours. There's a slim chance that we would have missed it at that point, because the report itself would have been about that.

Yes, in an ideal world, the moderators would have been able to realize that there was another issue that needed their attention in the midst of them handling a different rule violation, but for whatever reason, they missed it (Tunnel vision?). They're human. That happens. It would be less likely (or impossible) for it to happen if that actual issue had been reported to us, which it wasn't as far as I can tell.

I hope that makes it clear but if I'm missing something about what's unclear, please let me know.

Thanks,

•••
Everything in the thread that was deleted was off topic. Posts about the OP using someone else's avatar is also off topic. Those posts should have been deleted and they were deleted.

Yes, I understand if it's a sales thread, anything not talking about the sale could be considered off topic. And you deleted stuff. Some of the stuff that was deleted was:

"Impersonation is not allowed on NamePros, and we actively combat it. We have an entire spreadsheet of cases where we've stopped it."

Posts showing exactly that. Can't do anything about it now, it's the past, it's all deleted. What's done is done.

Last edited:
•••
Posts showing exactly that.
I just finished checking and there were 2 posts about it and they didn't have much text, just links to the instagram account. It's possible the moderator didn't even click through to see what was being talked about they just knew it wasn't on topic and deleted it (Which was what they needed to do: delete it).

2 posts out of 30+ posts. Like I said, it would be great if the moderators had noticed it and taken action, but they overlooked it while focusing on the issue at hand: deleting off-topic posts.

If anyone feels they can do a better job without making any mistakes, please feel free to volunteer to help us out. We'd love perfection in moderation, but we have yet to see it from any human. ;)

•••
I just finished checking and there were 2 posts about it and they didn't have much text, just links to the instagram account. It's possible the moderator didn't even click through to see what was being talked about they just knew it wasn't on topic and deleted it (Which was what they needed to do: delete it).

2 posts out of 30+ posts. Like I said, it would be great if the moderators had noticed it and taken action, but they overlooked it while focusing on the issue at hand: deleting off-topic posts.

If anyone feels they can do a better job without making any mistakes, please feel free to volunteer to help us out. We'd love perfection in moderation, but we have yet to see it from any human. ;)

Nobody is saying anything about being perfect. Obviously, mistake were made, it happens. From what was posted by other people and from my own checks and from all the stuff that was deleted, it's pretty clearly a dude. What you do with that info is up to you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Actually, I also posted about this in the other thread:

Read this post:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ou-get-the-idea.761952/page-2032#post-6350824

Here's your proof, again

https://www.instagram.com/p/k9zf7CGElQ/?hl=en&taken-by=toochi_kash

"Italia Kash
Entrepreneur,crypto currencies World traveler . Maxim ,FHM playboy cover model Humanitarian"

You guys deleted the info showing that pic is from Toochi Kash, so I reposted it in the other thread.

I remember that post in the original thread.

•••
From what was posted by other people and from my own checks and from all the stuff that was deleted, it's pretty clearly a dude.
It would still need to be reported for us to notice it and investigate.

I don't understand your point. That is in The Break Room. I've explained in several posts now that it needs to be reported to us in a proper channel. Otherwise, why do you think even 20 posts out of 6,500,000 posts on NamePros are going to catch our attention and result in an investigation? They will not.

We seem to not be understanding each other, but I've been as clear as I can be, so I'll leave it at that.

•••
It would still need to be reported for us to notice it and investigate.

I don't understand your point. That is in The Break Room. I've explained in several posts now that it needs to be reported to us in a proper channel. Otherwise, why do you think even 20 posts out of 6,500,000 posts on NamePros are going to catch our attention and result in an investigation? They will not.

We seem to not be understanding each other, but I've been as clear as I can be, so I'll leave it at that.

So do I need to report my own posts in this thread? Or can you just read my post? All this was reported back then, talked about in threads etc. YOU GUYS DELETED IT.

I just gave you a direct link to the pic.

Last edited:
•••
So do I need to report my own posts in this thread? Or can you just read my post?
In the future, yes, if you want us to see it.

At this time, you've provided the evidence in a support thread (This one. Nowhere else that it's been posted was helpful to us, because they were not in the proper channels). As a result of this thread only, the avatar was removed. The account was already restricted prior to this thread.

Am I missing anything?

•••
In the future, yes, if you want us to see it.

At this time, you've provided the evidence in a support thread (This one. Nowhere else that it's been posted was helpful to us, because they were not in the proper channels). As a result of this thread only, the avatar was removed. The account was already restricted prior to this thread.

Am I missing anything?

No, it's the same stuff that was pointed out back then. Some dude grabbed a pic of Toochi Kash, pretended to be Bikini Tara with it.

•••
No, it's the same stuff that was pointed out back then. Some dude grabbed a pic of Toochi Kash, pretended to be Bikini Tara with it.
Never reported in a proper support channel and therefore never resolved until this thread (Because this thread is in a proper support channel).

Pretty simple.

•••
Never reported in a proper support channel and therefore never resolved until this thread (Because this thread is in a proper support channel).

Pretty simple.

Just multiple threads where it was being talked about. Mods coming in and deleting posts pointing it out. You saying people were being "antagonistic commenting" when they were talking about it. But they didn't use the report button. I expect mods wouldn't delete stuff they didn't actually read? They would have had to seen it, before deleting it. Does it even matter at this point? You have the info, do what you want with it.

Last edited:
•••
You saying people were being "antagonistic commenting"
Yes, they were. Unfortunately, multiple rule violations got in the way and muddied the waters, causing things to get missed. If everyone followed the rules and reported those things to us instead of making off-topic posts in the OP's threads, this would have been resolved long ago. When members are violating rules and reporting rule violations at the same time, that only makes the issue worse and mistakes will be more likely to happen.

We understand that members are trying to be helpful by posting in discussion/sales threads about things like that, but it's not helpful to us and causes extra work for us that could have been spent on the real problem. We can't do our jobs efficiently unless the rules are followed.

•••
You're focusing more on how it was reported, not the fact that it was, it was just reported in the threads.

I just read further down in the thread I linked too. I forgot about all that stuff but it obviously looks like I was real mad that day, that my posts were deleted:

All deleted again from the other thread. I bet he's happy the mods delete the truth about him, protect the liar. This might be wiped soon as well. Reminds me of NP when I first joined the forum.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ou-get-the-idea.761952/page-2032#post-6351014

Again, meaning you deleted that stuff more than once. Should have been handled back then. But again, like you said, nobody is perfect. I don't expect that.

Really the issue is, are mods deleting stuff they don't actually read?

Maybe instead of deleting those posts, do what we did in another forum, move them to a section where only admin/mods can see. Even banned or restricted members had access to that forum and can give their side to the story.

Last edited:
•••
You're focusing more on how it was reported, not the fact that it was, it was just reported in the threads.
Correct, because it's important that everyone understands:

If it's not reported in the proper channel, then as far as we're concerned, it wasn't reported at all. There are rare circumstances where we may notice it or may handle it if it's posted elsewhere, but those are exceptions to the rule.

That's the only way. You may not agree with it. You may not understand it. Until you're in our position, it may be difficult for anyone to understand. However, that's the way it has to be with a community this size. The proper support channels must be used to report each individual problem.

This issue is an example of what happens otherwise.

I hope that helps explain it,

•••
You may not understand it. Until you're in our position, it may be difficult for anyone to understand.

"do what we did in another forum"

I have been in your position. I used to mod over at ABW, the forum that NP used to do chat auctions with back in the day. If I read in a thread something fishy was going on, I handled it. I didn't delete it and pretend I didn't see it. We had lots of people trying to run scams, spam etc.

But you posted how things are done here. Ok. Like I said, what's done is done. Just learn from it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back