NameSilo

Question from a Newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

111media

Domain WranglerEstablished Member
Impact
Do the .eu.com and/or the .us.com TLDs have any value at all? What if I owned something like computers.eu.com?

Thanks a bunch for any help/advice you can give!

~ Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Technically, computers.eu.com isn't a real domain, but a sub-domain of eu.com. Most domainers feel that such sub-domains are not worth anything, since they can be created for free from other existing domains.

•••
Oh well, I only got stuck with 4 of them before you educated me, lol.

Here they are for all the good they will do me.

500.eu.com
500.us.com
hardcore.us.com
tourism.us.com

Thanks again for the education.

~ Steve

•••
Well, to be fair hardcore.us.com and tourism.us.com both have potential as very strong keywords. Do you see any typeins?

•••
.us.com

I still need to park them or forward them someplace to find out. Right now I haven't done anything with them yet.

•••
Velstras said:
Do the .eu.com and/or the .us.com TLDs have any value at all? What if I owned something like computers.eu.com?

Thanks a bunch for any help/advice you can give!

~ Steve

If you think subdomains are worth anything then yes. (Not real domains but subs of eu.com us.com etc... ) Heres an idea, why don't you register any domain and create computers.yourdomian.com for $6.95 instead? Worthless IMO. I can guarantee you that the majority of those centralnic subdomains will be worthless to the seasoned professional. If anybody/company happens to shell out any big bucks for a subdomain, they obviously do not know the industry and are making a very UNWISE business decision. Centralnic is not required to follow an ICANN (ICANN.ORG) policy. However very smart business plan on Centralnic's side. They are generating income from almost nothing. I advise anybody to really think about and big public sale of a subdomain, I would bet that if there ever was one or one in the future that it could possible be a PR stunt as we seen in the past with even real extensions. Good Luck and be wise in your decision. Oh yea did I mention that theres many free subdomain services such as cjb, v3 etc...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back