Domain Empire

Question for experienced domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

I have a question for you regarding expired traffic domain.

Other than typein, overture with extension, what is yours criteria when coming the time to select an expired domain who will generate traffic and $$?

The reason why i asking you this question is because last week i grabbed a domain with existing backlinks (over 20,000 backlinks) but to date i have generated only 30 views and $0.16 at Sedo.

What is wrong with that?

Thanks for your advices.
McG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
How long since the site was live?

Where are the backlinks? They could be all guest book signatures(worst case)

PM the name if you want.

•••
McGyver270 said:
Hi guys,

I have a question for you regarding expired traffic domain.

Other than typein, overture with extension, what is yours criteria when coming the time to select an expired domain who will generate traffic and $$?

a domain with existing backlinks (over 20,000 backlinks) but to date i have generated only 30 views and $0.16 at Sedo.
WOW if that's true links.....$$$
how did you check the links? it will be good if you can post the name here or PM us!

•••
Thanks for yours replies.

The domain is Discountvalium.com

McG

•••
Also, i don't know but marketleap does not seem to be realiable. I have some domain that show 400 backlink at marketleap but when i click on MSN for checking if the links are on the others sites. They are not there.

Any other good tools i should use instead of the link popularity checker from Marketleap?

Thanks,
McG

•••
Marketleap is a great tool. The problem is not with a backlink checker, rather when speculating on a potential traffic name, you would have to be out of your mind to not check those backlinks. Link farms, FFL & message storm is nothing new and have all been around since the first search engines were around. Are you using www.domain.com or domain.com when you are doing a query?

•••
Sorry, I'm a newbie too. Just want to ask what is a backlink?

•••
MissFlora said:
Sorry, I'm a newbie too. Just want to ask what is a backlink?

A backlink is an active website that has your domain linked.

•••
McGyver270 said:
The reason why i asking you this question is because last week i grabbed a domain with existing backlinks (over 20,000 backlinks) but to date i have generated only 30 views and $0.16 at Sedo.

Looks like you got a domain that was heavily manipulated using link farms.

•••
.edu said:
Marketleap is a great tool. The problem is not with a backlink checker, rather when speculating on a potential traffic name, you would have to be out of your mind to not check those backlinks. Link farms, FFL & message storm is nothing new and have all been around since the first search engines were around. Are you using www.domain.com or domain.com when you are doing a query?

I always use both. With www. and w/o www.

About Marketleap, well if it's a great tool, why then it show me something like 2,995 links in MSN when i only found 50 links inside MSN ? Do the result sorted by Marketleap is live or updated monthly?

One last thing, i'm sorry if i look stupid but can you explain me what a link farms, FFL and message storm mean?

Thanks,
McG

•••
McGyver270 said:
One last thing, i'm sorry if i look stupid but can you explain me what a link farms, FFL and message storm mean?

i think link farms /FFL/FFA& message storm links are MADE when you submit a site via software program.

The script then submits your site to hundreds and thousands of forums/ guestbboks/message boards etc

and voila.!!!... you have 10000 links to your site!;)

•••
how do you find how many blacklinks there are?

Thanks

QBert

•••
Hippo have you tried it lol?

FF = Free For All

Message Storm = Post 10k messages/links with a click of the mouse

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back