Dynadot

status-resolved Question about multiple domains auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe89

Established Member
Impact
When you have an auction with multiple domains (Not a lot auction) and it says auction ends 120 hours after last bid. Does the 120 hours apply to the last bid on each domain individually or 120 hours after the last bid in the thread in general ?
Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well wouldn't it be after last bid on each? I assume if you have no bids on the remaining names you could close the thread once your last bid has expired for a name.

•••
If domains are being listed as sold individually, then the end time "x amount of hours after last bid" would apply to each domain being sold and not all domains as a lot (Since it's not a lot auction).

However, with that said, bulk individual auctions like that tend to get confusing and hard to manage when multiple domains have bids. While it is allowed to hold such auctions, I generally like to remind sellers that it could cause issues with the auction due to confusion.

Bulk lots and single domain sales are much easier to manage than bulk individual lots in the same thread.

Hope that helps,

•••
If domains are being listed as sold individually, then the end time "x amount of hours after last bid" would apply to each domain being sold and not all domains as a lot (Since it's not a lot auction).

However, with that said, bulk individual auctions like that tend to get confusing and hard to manage when multiple domains have bids. While it is allowed to hold such auctions, I generally like to remind sellers that it could cause issues with the auction due to confusion.

Bulk lots and single domain sales are much easier to manage than bulk individual lots in the same thread.

Hope that helps,

Hi Eric,

Newbie with a question (on an old thread)...

As a new domainer, I had the idea of 'selling 10 of my best domains for $10K ' with the intention of creating some imediate cash flow & to reinvest in more domains for my business - rather than taking the time to sell/auction each name individually.

I see this bulk auction being for ALL names involved & I would take not offers for individual domains once this auction started. (as referred to in the thread)

Can you tell me... would this bulk auction sale be something for NamePros? or is there another auction platform that would be a better fit for this kind of sale?

Any info is apprecaited!
Thank you.

•••
When you have an auction with multiple domains (Not a lot auction) and it says auction ends 120 hours after last bid. Does the 120 hours apply to the last bid on each domain individually or 120 hours after the last bid in the thread in general ?
Thank you.
Each domain individually if the seller has mentioned that you are bidding for individual domains.

•••
As a new domainer, I had the idea of 'selling 10 of my best domains for $10K ' with the intention of creating some imediate cash flow & to reinvest in more domains for my business - rather than taking the time to sell/auction each name individually.

I see this bulk auction being for ALL names involved & I would take not offers for individual domains once this auction started. (as referred to in the thread)

Can you tell me... would this bulk auction sale be something for NamePros?
Ya, you can sell multiple domains in a single auction listing (Winner gets them all). You can also sell multiple domains for a single price (E.g., "$10K").

On NamePros, you can structure listings/auctions just about anyway you want as long as it's clear and fair how it works.

Hope that helps,

•••
Ya, you can sell multiple domains in a single auction listing (Winner gets them all). You can also sell multiple domains for a single price (E.g., "$10K").

On NamePros, you can structure listings/auctions just about anyway you want as long as it's clear and fair how it works.

Hope that helps,

Can you recommend the best thread for this kind of sale on NamePros? (I am still finding myway around)
Thanks.

•••
Can you recommend the best thread for this kind of sale on NamePros? (I am still finding myway around)
Thanks.
We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:

Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
  • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
    The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
  • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
Please also check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros: Click Here

The three marketplace guides will help the most with this topic. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back