Dynadot

question Question about copyright.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Frank Castle

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
I just searched about this but still cant find the perfect answer.
I bought the domain NaturalControl.net, can i have problems with the .com if they are a trademark?
Even if its not about the same product.
Thanks for your time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe you're talking about trademarks, not copyright.

I think it would depend on how 'not the same product' they are. If they're similar, then you might run into problems. If they're totally different, then you should be fine.

Not a lawyer. Not legal advice.

•••
I believe you're talking about trademarks, not copyright.

I think it would depend on how 'not the same product' they are. If they're similar, then you might run into problems. If they're totally different, then you should be fine.

Not a lawyer. Not legal advice.
Ups i meant Trademark!
I was wondering if such a generic and "scientific" term could be an exclusive registered trademark.
Thanks for your time!

•••
Why do you register the .net in the first place and what is your intention?

•••
Why do you register the .net in the first place and what is your intention?

I am very interested in ecology and natural pest contol, I was thinking that I could develop a website for my own use or just to sell.

•••
It's hard to tell since I am not a lawyer but if they sue you then you may be in trouble.
The first thing to do is DO NOT PARK the name as this may mean you are trying to profit from their products/services.
Put some contents or products and just say coming soon so they know you are not a cybersquatter.
But if they still want to file to get the name from you then you don't have much power to keep it.
Pick something else if I were you.

•••
It's hard to tell since I am not a lawyer but if they sue you then you may be in trouble.
The first thing to do is DO NOT PARK the name as this may mean you are trying to profit from their products/services.
Put some contents or products and just say coming soon so they know you are not a cybersquatter.
But if they still want to file to get the name from you then you don't have much power to keep it.
Pick something else if I were you.
So i will just put it on sale.
Is there any way to check trademark ?

•••
So i will just put it on sale.
Hi , Are you sure .com holder trademarked ? Trademarks are generally for a particular class of products or services.
You can search in wipo website for trademarks internationally.

•••
•••
Hi , Are you sure .com holder trademarked ? Trademarks are generally for a particular class of products or services.
You can search in wipo website for trademarks internationally.
Thanks! Just searched thousands of companies with this name.

•••
YES it is
I found it for you
But isnt EVERY word/name already used or trademarked by some company in the world? What can i do about it? im confused
Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
•••
Can i just use the .net in the name, or .org to be a unique trademark?

•••
No one know the answer. But if you want to buy it and sell because someone has the .com then you are very much like cybersquatter.

•••
Can i just use the .net in the name, or .org to be a unique trademark?
If .com holder has wordmark for the word in a class of product or service then adding .net or .org for the word in the same class may not distinguish from the registered mark. And also it depends on the local laws of the country.

•••
No one know the answer. But if you want to buy it and sell because someone has the .com then you are very much like cybersquatter.[/QUO
A
Ah okay! now i get it. Thanks

•••
•••

Yes, do a Google search on the term and see if anyone is USING it as one.

The answers you are getting about trademark application and registration databases are useless and pointless - particularly if you do not understand all of the data which is in those systems.

A trademark is a word, device, symbol, etc., which is used to distinguish the goods of one source from competing goods from other sources in the relevant marketplace.

So, if you want to find out if something is a trademark, do a search to FIND THE DAMNED THING BEING SOLD UNDER THE MARK and don't waste your time with nonsense that domainers blindly repeat to one another without the slightest clue what they are talking about.

Asking the question another way makes the answer obvious:

"How can I find out if someone is selling goods or services to the public under the mark 'xxx'?"

Well, gosh, how does one do that?

More here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/unregistered-trademark-vs-domain.1217775/#post-8063766

Last edited:
•••
Back