IT.COM

Protrada 'the domain exchange' - Say "Hi!" to Team Protrada

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official thread for Protrada and NamePros newest business member Team Protrada
Use this thread to discuss Protrada with other NamePros members, give feedback about the service and ask questions.

About Protrada:

dn-h2.png

Protrada is a new type of domain exchange that gives domain buyers and sellers a single platform to manage, buy and sell their domain name inventory. It integrates with the major drop markets (NameJet, SnapNames, Pool, GoDaddy) and marketplaces (Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy) to provide a seamless buying and selling experience for domainers.

The technology is really quite cool! I was given a free account with credits to test their exchange and site builder and have been very impressed. Protrada's site builder provides a welcome alternative to domain parking. It builds socially networked content sites that automatically use my Google Adsense, Amazon, and eBay affiliate accounts. I can customize the logos on my sites and add pages of real content as I see fit.

You can also give it a try for free. Protrada has put together an offer of 100 credits for free for NamePros members. Each website costs 5 credits so this is enough to develop 20 of your domains out tonight! Hosting is included so this is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. :)

Link: http://www.protrada.com/offer/nameprosvip?oid=1042_16

Be sure to come back to this thread to give feedback and discuss with Team Protrada.

RJ

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am loving the live trading floor. I won my first domain today with a bid I placed at Protrada on Wednesday. Their system automatically sniped it for me in the last 3 minutes of the GoDaddy auction today. sweet :)

•••
•••
I was thinking of trying them out. Now it's a no brainer. Many thanks for the link.

•••
thanks for the special offer, Protrada! GREAT looking platform!

one bit of feedback: I think it would be great to be able to filter numbers as well..... I see you can set the number of "characters", and include or exclude dashes, but not numbers....

•••
•••
just signed up, thanks RJ...free sounds good, doesn't it? :)

(i don't know if i actually will have the time to play with this but i will try lol)

cheers

liquid

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Hi to all NamePros members. My name is Sharon, and I will be happy to help you with any questions or comments you might have about Protrada.

We are very excited to join NamePros and be part of the discussion on Protrada. We are happy to offer you all the 100 free credits and are hoping to see many of you join our powerful platform.

Please feel free to post any questions or feedback you might have, and I will do my best to respond promptly.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Hi SlimPickins,
We appreciate the suggestions, and would like to assure you that we are currently working on many improvements to the system and appreciate any questions or feedback users might have to help us in our ongoing efforts to make Protrada even better.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

welcome on board sharon, protrada sounds good so far :)

cheers

liquid

•••
Thanx RJ for the cool hook-up.

Hi to all NamePros members. My name is Sharon, and I will be happy to help you with any questions or comments you might have about Protrada.

We are very excited to join NamePros and be part of the discussion on Protrada. We are happy to offer you all the 100 free credits and are hoping to see many of you join our powerful platform.

Please feel free to post any questions or feedback you might have, and I will do my best to respond promptly.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Hi SlimPickins,
We appreciate the suggestions, and would like to assure you that we are currently working on many improvements to the system and appreciate any questions or feedback users might have to help us in our ongoing efforts to make Protrada even better.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Hi Protada, Welcome Sharon

Welcome to NPs. Signed up and ready to check "Protrada" out.

NN

•••
checking it out now, thanks

•••
Hi there Sharon a warm welcome :wave:

Checking it out now :tu:

•••
I've just started playing with the site building side of things today. It sure seems easy so far. Cotton-Dresses.com is now resolving for me as my first Protrada site, it's still just the bare bones automatic site, but even at that it looks good. Customization is important and it looks very easy to work with.

My only issue is that I have been unable to sign into Protrada this afternoon using Firefox, Explorer worked fine.

On a side note, I also set up KitchenAppliances.co as a Protrada site, but it kept resolving as a standard parked page. Doing a little investigating... I found that I actually own KitchenAppliaces.co :| woops.. thanks Protrada with the automatic merge of names to my Protrada account you've saved me a renewal fee.:)

•••
Wow, I really like the looks. Thank you for this, seems like a great platform. I will give it a try now and maybe will come back with a short review.

Thanks again and best of luck!

•••
Just went to signup and take advantage of the free credits, but it appears I already have an account...:D

Thanks for the post RJ :tu:

•••

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Hi SlimPickins,

Thank you,
Team Protrada

thanks for the special offer, Protrada! GREAT looking platform!

one bit of feedback: I think it would be great to be able to filter numbers as well..... I see you can set the number of "characters", and include or exclude dashes, but not numbers....

•••
I have 3 questions:

1. Is Protrada similar (meaning: direct competitor) of EPIK.COM? In a nutshell, it appears to me that Protrada is like EPIK and FLIPPA-- combined. I just want to grasp the idea using comparisons.

2. Do you offer example websites that use your website development platform? Those offered by Epik appear too robotic to me. The templates are very rigid. One look at the shopping site, you could tell it was spewed out of the Epik factory.

3. About the domain marketing feature, is this similar to the one offered lately by SEDO wherein those domains you list for sale, are automatically marketed thru other domain aftermarket partners?

Thanks.

•••
alien51,

Hopefully this will answer your questions:

1) In terms of comparison, EPIK is similar to Protrada in the sense that we also allow users to build out sites for monetization as an alternative to domain Parking. The main difference is that Protrada offers this at a very low cost, which reduces your risk because of the lower investment.
In regards to Flippa, this service facilitates trading of sites, while Protrada facilitates domain trading across numerous platforms.

2) We will work on adding a few sample sites to our FAQs. For now, you can take a look at these:
http://www.balancemagazine.com
http://www.grindertool.com

3) Protrada allows you to list domains for sale on Sedo, Go Daddy and AfterNIC. You can select to sell it one of the three or all three simultaneously. When you list a domain for sale with Go Daddy, it will automatically appear on Sedo as well.

We hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to post any questions or comments on this thread, we will be checking in regularly and will respond promptly.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

I have 3 questions:

1. Is Protrada similar (meaning: direct competitor) of EPIK.COM? In a nutshell, it appears to me that Protrada is like EPIK and FLIPPA-- combined. I just want to grasp the idea using comparisons.

2. Do you offer example websites that use your website development platform? Those offered by Epik appear too robotic to me. The templates are very rigid. One look at the shopping site, you could tell it was spewed out of the Epik factory.

3. About the domain marketing feature, is this similar to the one offered lately by SEDO wherein those domains you list for sale, are automatically marketed thru other domain aftermarket partners?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

In case any one is looking for a bit more information on Protrada, you can take a look at our FAQs: http://www.protrada.com/faqs

Regards,
Team Protrada

•••
i've signup, but why i must subscribe aweber?

•••
Hi nia,

We're glad you decided to take advantage of this great promotion.

We use AWeber to keep our members up to date on changes and improvements to Protrada. Your information will not be shared.

Please feel free to post any questions or feedback on this thread. You can also PM us or use the "contact us" form on Protrada.com.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

i've signup, but why i must subscribe aweber?

•••
3) Protrada allows you to list domains for sale on Sedo, Go Daddy and AfterNIC.

Can you elaborate more on this from your FAQ?

"we also distribute your domain for sale using the Protrada Broker Network (PBN) which consists of a number of domain selling brokers, website building platforms and domain resellers"

Many people here likely already have their domains listed on Afternic/Sedo/GoDaddy, so it would help to know more about any additional unique sales benefit you offer.

•••
This is a feature we are currently working to develop further. It is not at its full potential at the moment, but should be available to all users in the near future.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Can you elaborate more on this from your FAQ?

"we also distribute your domain for sale using the Protrada Broker Network (PBN) which consists of a number of domain selling brokers, website building platforms and domain resellers"

Many people here likely already have their domains listed on Afternic/Sedo/GoDaddy, so it would help to know more about any additional unique sales benefit you offer.

•••
product is OK, other affiliates earning? some more bugs found - needs urgent fixes

Hi and thanks
for this free trial offer.

I jumped in and tried to develop a website ASAP

Besides various problems I mailed to your support I have pretty big concerns
about the quality of the site generated and/or missing things in the generation process

The site I generated for
www-creditreportandfree.org

has multiple problems and I got
various concerns regarding the quality of the end result.

Let me first say, that the overall process is quite OK,
but the final result just isn't it for production use.

1. the frontpage "deal" has the affiliate code of someone else in it

it's a bizrate/shopzilla affiliate code - come on - you must be joking
to ask for all my accounts and then plaster other codes into the site

Code:
rd.bizrate.com/rd?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB00007G2LD%2Fref%3Dasc_df_B00007G2LD1820862%3Fsmid%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26tag%3Dshopzilla_rev_478-20%26linkCode%3Dasn%26creative%3D395093%26creativeASIN%3DB00007G2LD&mid=184056&cat_id=8005&atom=10112&prod_id=&oid=1111622209&pos=1&b_id=18&bid_type=4&bamt=17f646d3edc5f025&cobrand=1&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=6&af_id=33765&af_placement_id=2

2. I did not supply an ebay-affiliate code, so all "ebay" subpages
are empty and will hinder SEO success b/c of empty boilerplate content

IF (ebayaffil code)
THEN display ebay-stuff
ELSE leave it out

3. I am unclear where the aweber signup goes to

it shows a list name called "parklings"
but it should go to one of my own aweber lists

who is earning these leads?

I then also got pitched to a "delegatr" site,
not sure what that is or how it relates to my stuff

4. adfeed - from where? who earns money here?

e.g this page lists some weird ads from a system I don't know.

the keyword preset "KEYWORD" really sucks here, but not sure where this comes from

url: 'http://www.www-creditreportandfree.org/adfeed',
"target_keyword":"KEYWORD",

5. I configured a "clickbank" account but it wasn't used anywhere - maybe the keyword doesn't fit?

6. duplicate content whereever you look => bad SEO

I understand you need to have sources for the content and use article directories,
but frankly simply taking article directories and slashing their content onto new
domains really is 2002ish SEO.

See this?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...figures from this bureau "&btnG=Google+Search

465 results for the same article. Come On!

Those pages will drop in Google after a few days if they get indexed at all.
and even if they get indexed, they won'T rank for anything

What we need here is an auto-spinnign function,
and I understand that by doing it by hand, we could do that,
but HEY, what are we paying extra credits for if it's poorly executed
and we have to repair each of your sites?

7. altough I gave you access to Moniker account you couldn't change the DNS for me - too bad,
would hope to have that fixed

8. you should showing product that are not available / at $0.0
eg www-creditreportandfree.org/free-credit-report/shop

9. I don't like the SEO footprints by your protradanameserver.com footprint
and probably the same IP for all the sites, so some SEO-hosting features
would make sense

Besides these things, I think the product
is targetting in the right direction.

However, critically spoken, without those SEO/footprints issues
and the weird "unknown" affiliates earning money from my site (!)
addressed above, I would rather continue build multiple WP sites
with managewp etc. and do some things by hand, just as I would have to do with you
AND still be locked in.

Best,
Christoph C. Cemper

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
on sites developed using protrada, how does that work if a user has not supplied their advertising/affiliate info? for example, i see an "auctions" link in the dropdowns for each page.... but what if I have not set up an ebay epn? does protrada use theirs as default? is there a way to NOT use an auctions link if i am not/don't want to be an ebay affiliate so that it doesn't take attention away from amazon/adsense etc?

•••
SlimPickins,
At the moment, it is not possible to remove eBay Auctions from the Protrada built sites. The default account linked is Protrada's but we strongly encourage members to add their own EPN code so that you can generate additional revenue.

As mentioned earlier, we are constantly working on our ongoing effort to improve Protrada, and as such, we appreciate all feedback and suggestions and take them all into consideration.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

on sites developed using protrada, how does that work if a user has not supplied their advertising/affiliate info? for example, i see an "auctions" link in the dropdowns for each page.... but what if I have not set up an ebay epn? does protrada use theirs as default? is there a way to NOT use an auctions link if i am not/don't want to be an ebay affiliate so that it doesn't take attention away from amazon/adsense etc?

•••
Looks like you also send traffic to other Amazon affiliates - check my mail about it

•••
Hi,

The site looks interesting, I want to try it out. But I haven't been able to "verify" most of my domains. Support ticket got sent back, so here's my question:
I have the same email address for protrada login and as admin email for my domains, yet the verification is not working. I only want to use the "matching email" option.

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back