IT.COM

Proof Estibot is Wrong

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mirecart

Established Member
Impact
I've used Estibot for a couple of months because I am new to the industry and heard it was a great guide, but I was cautioned to used it as a very basic indicator. Many people selling domains outline their domains valuation from Estibot as a potential guide to pricing.

I'm really frustrated to see a growing number of appraisals which just don't add up, or is Estibot just blatantly misleading people in order to receive membership revenue based on shite.

The domain i used as an example, it is not owned by me, but the numbers just don't add up. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, good or bad.

Based on the information below, this domain has zero value, yet it has nearly 3.4 million exact searches per month, even its ppc rate indicates some value, yet Estibot has it at zero.

Domain Details: (Here is a link to the evaluation in question)

Domain: backpage.com
SLD: backpage
Keywords: backpage

Category: Health -- Human Anatomy

Appraisal Overview: EstiBot Value: $ 0 AUD

Search Overview:
Avg Search Results (keyword): 26,400,000
Avg Search Results (sld): 26,400,000
Avg Ad Count (keyword): 0
Avg Ad Count (sld): 0

Traffic Rank:
Alexa Traffic Rank: 1,007
Google Page Rank: 6

Type-in Score:
Overture (domain): 35,743
Overture (sld): 22,369
Overture (keyword): 22,369

Word Tracker (keyword): 248

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - backpage
Monthly Searches: 7,588,800
Cost Per Click: $2.79 AUD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [backpage]

Monthly Searches: 3,397,600
Cost Per Click: $4.02 AUD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

And I've also cancelled my subscription to them, they wont be getting anymore of my money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://www.valuate.com/ powered by estibot shows 0 too. It also shows exact trademark issue. Maybe that's the reason?

•••
$0 doesnt always mean that it was computed. It can be an opted out, or a no result. Look at Microsoft.com verses Softmicro.com

•••
yes just tried it with Google.com shoes the same. 0 value and 100$ trademark issue

•••
I've used Estibot for a couple of months because I am new to the industry and heard it was a great guide, but I was cautioned to used it as a very basic indicator.
And I've also cancelled my subscription to them, they wont be getting anymore of my money.

It appears you're paying too much attention to the appraisal figure which is what you were cautioned against. If you don't find value in all the data than cancelling is the right move. The example sounds like a glitch to me. Backpage.com is obviously a valuable domain. You don't need Estibot to confirm that one. I've never cared because I rarely sort by the appraisal column..

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think estibot is pretty useful for understanding the potential value for keyword domains.

•••
Estibot is not consistent in results - never has been & never will be IMO. Undervalue-appraisals, overvalue-appraisals & sometimes accurate IMO. Maybe the CPC & search results are accurate however.

I have a name with prior 6 figure offers (even higher value lease which I canceled last year), advice from former Sedo appraiser & known industry person saying I shouldn't sell it for under $500k & that was 8 years back - last time I saw a low 5-figure value at Estibot.

Note that besides backpage.com that estibot.com has a $0 value appraisal so maybe they do figure in trademark issues...

•••
One issue that's probably beyond Estibot's control is Google's tendency to alter your search query and replace it with their "did you mean" results. I imagine that would inflate the values of typo domains if Google returns the results for the corrected term and Estibot calculates off that data.

It's not perfect but it one of the better, more consistent tools and has been for a long time.

•••
•••
Estibot is the equivalent to horoscopes.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back