Domain Empire

poll Promotion of Expiring Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How do you feel about the promotion of expiring domain names at NP?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Promotion of expiring domains is good. I see absolutely no issue against it.

votes
    27.8%
  • I like people promoting expiring domains, I would prefer it continue.

votes
    11.1%
  • I'm indifferent to the situation.

vote
    5.6%
  • I would prefer if people didn't promote expiring domain auctions.

votes
    22.2%
  • I feel strongly against promotion of expiring domain names.

votes
    27.8%
  • Promotion of expiring domains is fine by me as long as its not a domain I'm not bidding on.

vote
    5.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

LucidDomains

LucidDomains.comTop Member
Impact
There has been a number of discussions regarding the promotion of expiring domain names in different threads.

It has been explicitly stated that it is not currently against NP rules.

I would like to get a sense of how everyone feels on the subject in a thread dedicated to this particular discussion.

So what are your views on it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Against:

The owner could see the domain is sought after and decide to renew therefore cancelling the auction.
It could potentially add a lot more competition to the auction.
It could potentially drive up the price of the auction for the eventual winner.
Domainers have done their homework researching the domains and scouring the net.

For:

Makes it easier for other members to locate potentially decent names with very little effort.
It could possibly make other domains in the niche seem more valuable.

Last edited:
•••
Unless you are an owner or broker selling a domain, there is absolutely no reason to promote any type of domain auction.

•••
I for one am against it. It seems like it's mostly the newcomers who are posting them so they can get "likes". I see it as being in the same vein as asking for an appraisal for a domain one does not own. If you do not own a domain name don't post about it especially if it's dropping or in auction. I also think asking for what people think the final winning price for an auction will be is akeen to asking for an appraisal. It's not a matter of it not being against the rules but of simple professional domain industry courtesy.

•••
All about getting likes man, they make us pay more for the domain we find just to get some likes... Even the ones that like the post doesnt participating auctions...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back