Domain Empire

Professional appraisal company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been approached by a company who wants to buy one of my domains and they are willing to pay the current appraised price.

They said I could choose the appraisal company. Should I do this? … and if so any ideas on who is the leading professional appraisal company for domain name? www.greatdomains.com is no longer offering this service.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol use www.swiftappraisal.com you will get a huge appraisal price for free
you can also use sedo.co.uk for a professional one but becareful u aint been scammed check the forum and search for scams

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Anthonydee
I have been approached by a company who wants to buy one of my domains and they are willing to pay the current appraised price.

They said I could choose the appraisal company. Should I do this? … and if so any ideas on who is the leading professional appraisal company for domain name? www.greatdomains.com is no longer offering this service.

Thanks

As stokie mentioned, there is a very common scam going around where a phony buyer requests an appraisal for your domain trying to get you to get an appraisal from his own appraisal company. You mentioned greatdomains.com, which makes me think of this scam because the culprit always mentions greatdomains.com as one of the places he trusts.

Search this forum for scam and you'll find lots of info.

•••
sedo's all right
Or right here!

•••
Do not ever pay for an apprasial service!!

•••
•••
Agreed with Apollo! NamePros is great!!

•••
Fabulous.com also has a "free" appraisal but it comes up with some funky numbers IMHO.

•••
I recall reading a thread about this some time ago on namepros. I've lost count of how many times i've received emails such as these, and I dont even have that many domains! Thanks to Namepros I'm sure at least SOME of the people will be saved from this scam.

•••
Did they mention any specific sites they wanted to use?

•••
i hope you werent contacted by this company through everydayincome.com or allfordomains.com these sites are total rip offs with fake buyers

•••
I think swiftappraisals might be overdoing it.

I just entered in my websites domain and it said the minumum was $20,000 and the max was $25,000. I think that might be wrong.

And my 3char domain was min. 45,000 and max. 75,000. It might be a little over-estimated there, lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back