Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Problem validating javascript with xhtml

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

gamex

Established Member
Impact
7
Problem validating javascript with xhtml - RESOLVED

I have a PHP function where I type in an email address and it will print out a javascript to display my email address to protect it from email harvesters.

The output looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
emailAddy='domain.com'
emailAddy=('someperson' + '@' + emailAddy)
document.write('<a href="mailto:' + emailAddy + '">' + emailAddy + '</a>')
</script>

However, when I validate the page at w3.org, I get this error:

Line 57, column 50: document type does not allow element "a" here

document.write('<a href="mailto:' + emailAddy + '">' + emailAddy + '</a>')

I made the greater than sign red because thats what the validator shows me. Any ideas?




EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

I spent half an hour trying to figure out a solution before I posted it, and of course, 10 minutes after I posted it, I figured it out. I just had to put put the comment tags inside my script :)

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
emailAddy='domain.com'
emailAddy=('someperson' + '@' + emailAddy)
document.write('<a href="mailto:' + emailAddy + '">' + emailAddy + '</a>')
-->
</script>
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back