I did create a separate CSS file for printing, but I wasn't sure how to link it to my web pages. I tried this:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen" href="board.css"
media="print" href="print.css">
But this caused a few problems. I think Netscape refused to acknowledge media="screen" so would only show the print version. In Opera, I think full screen mode only showed the print version. It seemed fine to IE and Mozilla.
If I can work out how to link to a separate style sheet, is it alright if your printed pages look boring?
In terms of the problems I'm currently having, they are:
Opera - fine, but prints blue background to my menu
Netscape - mostly fine but won't print more than one page, even though there might be five. Menu doesn't appear.
IE - when a page is long, it squishes everything in the contents section into one narrow column on the left. My 'news' section on the right is still fine
Mozilla - when a page is long, in print preview the text just goes off the page down the screen. Will only print one page.
Any help, anyone? Maybe some of my code is wrong.
Mona