Domain Empire

opinion Premium Names Release

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
I have noticed over the last couple weeks, a few emails that mentioned the release of "premium" names that were previously unavailable. Today i got one that actually showed a link to pool/com, where there was a link to see whats available. I happened to randomly choose .cruises, and was surprised to see the list. There are some really good names for sure, but there are also some names that I wouldn't even hand reg, let alone backorder. Some examples; bitch.cruises,cel.cruises, com1030.cruises, de33eqv8aa91i.cruises etc.

Whats the real story on these? Are they really just drops that have never been available because someone registered them initially? When i hear never available i think about domains that a registrar held back from general availability, but clearly that isn't these.

.cruises (Sep 09)Available Names
.dating (Sep 09)Available Names
.events (Sep 09)Available Names
.flights (Sep 09)Available Names
.holiday (Sep 09)Available Names
.reisen (Sep 09)Available Names
.singles (Sep 09)Available Names
.vacations (Sep 09)Available Names
.viajes (Sep 09)Available Names
.voyage (Sep 09)Available Names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Held back names are being released...

•••
Held back names are being released...
As I explained, that was my thought too. But also as I explained, that doesn't make sense when you look at the quality of names being released. As an example, do you really think they held this back: de33eqv8aa91i.cruises? It's possible, but that's not even the worst one.

•••
For some reasons they were required to hold back many within the collision list, like you said many are junk. You can find a few good ones but not many.

Check out this one that was held back. 31312317AD9D2B0CB5E3FCF84C15D33795C01FA4.DEALS

•••
Wow...that's the craziest one I've seen. Collision list is what I had forgot about and that makes sense. Thanks.

I actually see lots of good names, even with gTLD's. But there is a lot of junk and there are a lot of TM's. I expect the competition for the good ones will be fierce and that will probably reduce the overall attractiveness.

Edit: When I look closer I agree, mostly junk. Lots of misspellings.

Last edited:
•••
I keep a pretty close eye on select GTLDs because names are definitely being released. (not just dropped) I've picked up a few that a little puke like me has no business owning. I don't worry about backordering these, I just have growing lists of names I search for everyday.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back