Dynadot

Preferred Font on Wordpress Blog?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey guys, what's the consensus on preferred font of readers?

Are the size and color the background also factors in font selection?

I have read numerous places of Calibri and Veranda. Some even argue Georgia, Arial or Trebuchet.

My blog right now is integrating to Calibri but most of the earlier posts are in Veranda, Arial and Times.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Size and color totally has to be matched with the font.

The font depends on what your blog is about. If it's for a Personal Blog, I'm going to use something like Georgia. If it's for a web design/development blog, I'm going to use a font like Tahoma or Arial.

Do you know that the most used Windows Font is Lucida Sans? The next is Tahoma then Arial? You should read this article (just came across with this blog a while ago).
http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/sampler-WindowsResultsFull.shtml

•••
I almost always use Georgia as my body font.

•••
Arial is much easier on my old eyes.

•••
It looks like I have a bit of research to do. I will be tailoring it to my target audience, twenty somethings and college students.

Problem with my blog now is that the HTML on posts is getting confused with the CSS file on typography.

However I am leaning towards the comfortable look of Calibri. I believe it is the default font on Microsoft Word that my computers are using.

I do not like Times and am beginning to dislike Veranda.

Janine, is this article suggesting that many computers and browsers do not support particular fonts? That is the case for the font stack? Just in case one is not available, another will appear?

•••
I use Bookman Old style, Georgia and Arial .

•••
Tahoma or Aerial..i use one of these two

•••
I seem to always use Arial or Helvetica Light.

My two favorite so far.

•••
For my main content I use Arial most of the time, maybe Georgia in some designs. Bigger font (13, 14 pixels, since it's easier to read). For titles I always use a custom font, since it looks a little 'fancier' :)

•••
it is a wordpress blog/ joomla website or even static website, the best aproach is to use fonts that are installed on pcs with windows. well i preffer Verdana & Tahoma the most.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back