Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

PR5 and PR4 values?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

eSology

VIP Member
Impact
4
How do you determine the value of a domain based on PR? I have a few that are PR5 and PR4 and he seemed very interested. Although not a newbie to the domain game, to be honest I have never paid much attention to page rankings.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The higher your PR the higher listing you have on Google thats about it.
 
0
•••
PR, while important, really can't fully decide the value, however it does increase it.
 
0
•••
how long will the PR stays with the expired domain??
 
0
•••
I don't think long because I had a domain registered ( bluexl.net ) and my host went down and I didn't get a new host until today which has been 3 months and the PR went down from 6 to 3 or thats what PRrank.coms said.
 
0
•••
thats pretty long, it all depends if the links that are linked to it stay linked to it or if new links are made. Right now PR isnt much toward a domains wholesale value but to some its a great oppurtunity to increase their other pr's
 
0
•••
PR is constantly being determined, so I think it can vary as inbound links and relevance does.
 
0
•••
i think PR doesnt really have much value either unless you intend to develop the domain.

I have few fresh domains that just link to a PR 5 website, after few months those few domains with no content also got a PR 3. So, unless the PR is real high, else not much value.
 
0
•••
PR doesn't really mean much, because it can change pretty easily unless it's a well established site. I don't think I would pay any extra for a PR rated site unless it had been run by the same owner for 2 years or so.

PR expires with the domain name according to an employee that works at google that posts on another forum.
 
0
•••
I would say that PR isn't worth much at all.

PR is determined by the number (And PR) of links to that domain, and as rb said, it will in most cases expire with the domain.

I could get a PR 4 to 6 to almost any domain name I want, just by linking to it from some of my sites (high PR 6)
But if I remove those link, the PR will most likely disappear after the next google PR update.
So high PR on a domain is pretty much useless, if you don't have many inbound links to it.
(and those will probably be removed once a new site is established on that domain)

And PR does not seem to be very important to google anymore either, a high PR domain doesn't mean that you'll get a high ranking with your new site.
Lots of inbound links, from similar (themed) sites, with good anchor text seems to be the way to get a good google ranking.

just my 2 cents on google PR....
 
0
•••
Hmm...PR expires with a domain? thats strange since many snapped names/backordered names have their PR long after their expiration.
 
0
•••
When a domain expires it will most likely loose all (or most of) it's inbound links since people doesn't want to link to a non-existing site, and it will then loose it's PR after one or two PR updates...
Google will also notice, when googlebot tries to crawl the site, that the domain isn't regged and google will remove it from it's database.
Then it will get no PR at all....

This can take a while (one or two updates), that's why some backordered/snapped names keeps their PR long after expiration.

It's real easy to make a fake PR for a domain name (it's even possible to get a PR 8 or 9), that's why I think that PR's not important for the domains value.
Unless it has a lot of backlinks....

Without the backlinks the PR is useless.
You buy a high PR domain name, make a site, and you are happy with your PR 6 or 7, but after the next one or two updates.....
Poof, your precious PR is gone (unless you have the backlinks).. ;)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
When a domain expires it is likely it will lose most of it's inbound links, but this is not always the case. I've registered expired domains that still had PR intact.
 
0
•••
Yes, that's possible.
And the domain must (in most cases) be expired/unregistered for at least two google updates to loose it's PR.

But my point is that you shouldn't buy a domain for the PR alone, you should always check the backlinks as well.

If the domain has a PR over 5, but very few backlinks, it is most likely that someone has beefed up the PR, and it will loose it after the next couple of updates.
There is a couple of tricks you can do to spice up the PR of a domain.
I won't tell them here, since that could lead to a lot of fake high PR domains being posted in the sales section here in the future......

But more and more SEO and PR "experts" claims that PR alone doesn't have much value anymore.
Links from similar (themed) sites, with keyword rich anchor text are very good.

That's why I think that the PR of a domain name alone is in most cases pretty useless....

Check out the great forum at SEOchat to find out more about google and PR.
http://forums.seochat.com/
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back