IT.COM

security Potential spam/scam attempt using Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I was the target of what seems to be a new spam (or a potential scam) method. Someone I didn’t know started an Escrow.com transaction for a domain name that I had never seen before: PJA.com.
This seems a good way to bypass any spam filters and get your attention. The spam email came using the Escrow.com’s good reputation. I am sure that Escrow.com will ban this account but will this be the last spammer using escrow.com?
I have no idea how these are all connected and if this is a spam only issue or this involves domain theft or a simple scam. I suggest you be cautious when dealing with this and with other domain names that have changed a lot of owners in a short period of time and are being sold by someone with an email address that is not listed in whois.
Comment By Escrow Staff:
Comment By Escrow Staff said:
This is considered to be an improper use of our system and we will take the appropriate action. All the best to everyone in 2015.
Full Article: http://onlinedomain.com/2015/01/02/news/new-spamscam-using-escrow-com-to-get-your-attention/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear Konstantinos

Thanks for such a good comments. There was no scam involved as my husband and Andrea had understanding to sell domain which was my mistake gone to your account as was supposed to someone else by same name but located in middle east.

For your information, highly educated people this raised good issues but trouble the others very much. We have ourselves authorised to close our escrow account and the deals which are finalised wherein payment to be either paid or collected are kept open.

Please ensure all facts before making any decision saying scammer, spam, etc otherwise someday someone might pull you in legal tangles for wrong justifications.

I may still allow namepros to deal with my writing and even they ban does not go with supporting to facts that the spamming is done.

•••
An allegation on me and my husband is put in this forum and this is not good.

Below are messages exchanged between seller and broker.

Also, my mistake escrow went to him and was cancelled immediately by us.

Finally, We have authorised to close our account except for payments to be made and collected.

If you still feel he is right, then please close our account in nameprosDOTcom also

Regards

SHAHENAZ

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: 284DOTcom and pjaDOTcom
To: Shahenaz Shafi Shaikh <shahenazandshafi @ gmail DOT com>

Hello there this is my domain list updated with pricesDOT
I saw you open the transaction for pja DOT com and that is fine but the other name is not mine 6474 DOT com I do not own itDOT
Below my list of names updatedDOT
andrea

0k DOT com - 29K
284 DOT com - 75K
lus DOT com - 38K
cza DOT com - 17K
mgp DOT com - 40K - good traffic
nuz DOT com - 24K
mxe DOT com - 16K
juro DOT com - 9K
abu DOT com - 48K
bec DOT com - 45K
jijDOT com - 18K
usk DOT com - 23K
lbu DOT com - 29K - 9000 type in per month
vgc DOT com - 20K
vqv DOT com - 19K - pending offer
pja DOT com- 20K
oal DOT com - 35K - 7000 type in per month
tlf DOT com - 34K
sau DOT com - 39K
fvz DOT com - 16K
yug DOT com - 24K
mke DOT com - 26K - pending offer
cie DOT com - 39k
xpf DOT com - 17K
yfn com - 18K
etno DOT com - 12K
on ov DOT com - 3K
tuk DOT com - 33K -pending offer
olq DOT com - 18K
vzn DOT com - 30K - 200usd revenue per month
pamI DOT com - 13K
nqz DOT com - 17K
vhj DOT com - 15K
oyu DOT com - 17K
zvc DOT com - 14K
ceni DOT com - 9K
mofe DOT com - 4K
olanda DOT com - 15K

HUÒ DOT COM
JIĀO DOT COM
MÁ DOT COM
1314768 DOT com
3427 DOT com
5451 DOT com
6420 DOT com
6435 DOT com
9472 DOT com

On 25 Dec 2014, at 02:11, Shahenaz Shafi Shaikh <shahenazandshafi @ gmail DOT com> wrote:

Do i get something in 20K or add my charges of 5 %
On Dec 24, 2014 10:05 PM, "andrea" <nostalgiadelluva @ gmail DOT com> wrote:
>
> as I said 20K for this name… if you want to sell it then my email for escrow DOT com is webservicelimited @ gmailDOT com
> I can pay the escrow DOT com feesDOT
> Andrea
>
> On 25 Dec 2014, at 01:56, Shahenaz Shafi Shaikh <shahenazandshafi @ gmail DOT com> wrote:
>
>> Dear friend
>>
>> Thanks for your reply
>>
>> I do brokerage, tell me final price with what brokerage and escrowDOT
>>
>> I will raise escrow and when customer signs terms, then you signDOT
>>
>> Inform your terms
>>
>> We both can mutual help each otherDOT
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Shahenaz
>> On Dec 24, 2014 9:50 PM, "andrea" <nostalgiadelluva @ gmail DOT com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear Shafi…di not answer because not interested in your offerDOT You know the value of these names so please do not try playing small ballsDOT
>> > if you want to sell pja DOT com then get 20K whatever you make more is yours
>> > thanks
>> > A
>> >
>> > On 25 Dec 2014, at 01:45, Shahenaz Shafi Shaikh <shahenazandshafi @ gmail DOT com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Reminder
>> >> On Dec 23, 2014 10:08 PM, "Shahenaz Shafi Shaikh" <shahenazandshafi @ gmailDOT com> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > Dear Andrea Sabatini
>> >> >
>> >> > Happy Greetings
>> >> >
>> >> > I wish to buy 284 DOT com or similar domain but my budget is 12000 US $DOT
>> >> >
>> >> > Moreover, i wish to sell your three character domains like pja DOT com
>> >> >
>> >> > Kindly inform
>> >> >
>> >> > Regards
>> >> >
>> >> > Shafi
>> >> >
>> >> > 0097477915606
>> >
>> >
>
>

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back