Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain poptart.us

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Old Skool since 2003 :)VIP Member
Impact
16
couldnt resist ;)

Thoughts? (Apart from the obvious legal issues with Kelloggs...lol)
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I like it, Its weird but I keep thinking in my head of a "Fun" website with like little mini-games and happy atmosphere. Good Luck.
 
0
•••
lol..thanks
I was actually thinking something like a Hilary Duff site / Christina Agulara etc....basically, pop tarts ;)
 
0
•••
Well.. appears Kellogg Co. does own the .com although undeveloped..
However, a MrSteveParker from Mississippi.. has a webhosting & email svc. on www.PopTart.net

* I like your idea for dev. SY4.. "pop" music themed around the female artists.. not a bad plan there..

As long as your not selling pop tarts (for the toaster) you should be okay.. Best of success here!
 
0
•••
:gn:
 
0
•••
Originally posted by SY4
(Apart from the obvious legal issues with Kelloggs...lol)

Ouch! :o
Though it's possible they wouldn't bother to reclaim here (and not doing anything on the site to cause them to want to), I think the "perception" of a TM issue here will hold down future valuation. $0.00 - Reg. fee+, IMHO.
Best of Luck.
 
0
•••
I agree with host on thos one
 
0
•••
I agree + I don't think .us would have been a very good choice.
 
0
•••
With regards to all this "legal issues" I think as mentioned in a thread about "Happy meals" and other domains like it, or if you have pepsi.com then I can see issues. But if it's a "pop" orientated site, and with female artists...I cant see them wining the legal battle.

(Then again, my dad is a corporate lawyer ... so I can afford a reasonable legal battle ;) )
 
0
•••
Originally posted by SY4
With regards to all this "legal issues" I think as mentioned in a thread about "Happy meals" and other domains like it, or if you have pepsi.com then I can see issues. But if it's a "pop" orientated site, and with female artists...I cant see them wining the legal battle.

(Then again, my dad is a corporate lawyer ... so I can afford a reasonable legal battle ;) )

I hear you ... though I am more concerned with the "perception" of potential TM issues holding down the value in resale here, even if/when the ".US" takes off, IMHO.
Have a great domain day. :)
 
0
•••
cute name hehe :)
 
0
•••
perception tho, comes as part of the "whole domain selling market"

A good salesman, would be able to avoid the perceived "liability" on the domain and re-assure the buyer into parting with cash.... :)

well, so the theory goes...
 
0
•••
I wouldn't be too concerned with Kellogg..
Your safe as long as you don't try too put the "pop artist" in the "toaster" :)
 
0
•••
LMAo......ahhh hahahahaa....../me starts to build up list.

I think I could fit Ms Agulara ;)
 
0
•••
great name

great name to get sued:laugh: . jUst kidding, but a very nice name as long as you dont offer something similiar to what kellogs offers.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by SY4
LMAo......ahhh hahahahaa....../me starts to build up list.

I think I could fit Ms Agulara ;)

But you sure could stuff her in the oven... :p JK!
Developing a site for pop stars is a cute idea but are you interested int hose popstars? Seems pointless to create a fansite if you have no interest for them.
 
0
•••
$0
™ issue IMO
Good Luck!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back