NameSilo

Pool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So if somebody opens an account at pool now, does their credit card get charged $60 for a preorder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your credit card is charged when they successfully backorder. Initially when you signup they just pre authorize $60.

•••
yeah, there's no cost to you to sign up or even backorder a domain - only when you have won the backorder will they charge you.

•••
Ok so a preauthorization for the $60 I don't get. So they just check to see if your CC is valid? No charge is incurred? I'm just curious because I just put my CC on there and then I read the pre authorization thing. :(

•••
well, i used my paypal credit card when signing up, and it instantly charged 60$ when I signed up.. never got that 60$ back.. :/

•••
There are several ways of processing CC's. One way is to do it in 2 steps - authorize (check that card is valid and reserve the funds), then capture (take the funds). An authorization reduces the spending limit of your card, but expires after about 30 days if not captured. I have a number of Paypal clients who report that Paypal doesn't work correctly with simple authorizations, in which case your only recourse would be to badger Paypal support until they give your money back, since the merchant (pool in this case) did not actually capture your funds.

•••
yeah they preaauthorize 60$ in ur card. In my case, i called my Credit card company and cancelled the preauthorization. I haven't experienced paypal thingz. You need not worry as the company is a trustable company and your card wont be charged.

•••
If you used a regular CC, and the reduced spending limit doesn't bother you, then you don't have to do anything. The authorization will expire automatically, anyway.

•••
Is this a new thing with Pool that came after they started requiring CC info to sign up?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back