Domain Empire

Pool confuses me

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
ok, sineing up, and i read...

Entering valid credit card information is mandatory when creating a new Pool.com account. Once entered, a pre-authorization of $60USD will apply. This security measure is in place to protect our customers and Pool.com from fraudulent acts against our backorder system.

whats that mean, they going to take out 60bux? thats like $100aus... and 100aus is like a weeks pay. i dont have that kind of money floating around :(

QBert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are authorising the 60.00 which means they will HOLD those funds on your account

•••
They don't debit it from your account. Its just a security precaution that's invisible to you, the consumer.

•••
Lol i had the same comfusion in the beginning.

•••
Yep, they don't take that money, unless you get a snap :)

Not to worry, just pre-authorization.

•••
Thats awsem to know, thanks fells

•••
You can always cancel the preauthorization by calling your credit card company ;)

•••
•••
Thanks for telling us about this guys, I was unaware of this myself.

•••
this would be a problem with international debitcards, my friend had this very upsetting experience with pool's pre-authorization of $60... his $60 wasn't available in his account for 2 weeks... pool told him, though emails, that pre-authorization hold-lift takes a bit long for international debit cards... hassle?

•••
is there anyway to stop the domains you pick to not come up on the index page? ive seen around that once you pick a good domain to grab the day befor its grabed they will put it on the index page. if its not picked to grab it wont be there or somthing?

Berty

•••
ok, So. i go get my creditcard... well mums and go to sine up. after about 12 attempts i still dont have an account. I get this error message over and over agen saying that pre-authorization could not be completed. Now ive emailed the staff wateing for a reply. What a waste of my time!!!

They better be fantastic at grabbing my domains!

ANGERY BERTY!

•••
w00t i got it working :o) dont know why it dident want to work the other night but worked 1st time i tryed tonight.

I rember in the forums people saying somthing like if you get a domain backordered at pool.com then the good ones will go somewhere on there site and be pointed out to others. can anyone tell me anything more about this?

Thanks

qbert

•••
$60 bucks a weeks pay ?
Where do you work ?

•••
coles supermarket one day a week :( that gets me about 80aus for a 9 houer shift, then aus to us makes it around 60usd :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back