Domain Empire

Polurnet extra GB's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This should be a question that you should be asking the host at there sales dept. not the np community.

•••
Well, perhaps someone knew and the live support has not been online since yesterday
also I hope to get some expiereice stories from people here

•••
If you go over, you will see a bandwidth exceeded message. You will get automated warnings beforehand, and can track usage via WHM. Should you choose to upgrade, it ranges between $0.65/GB to $0.75/GB extra per month depending on the package purchased and account standing. Contact our sales department if you want to upgrade.

Note that live support is not designed for 24/7 response. Instead, see http://support.polurnet.com for our official method of getting in touch. Thanks for your interest

•••
sorry for me to asl this frank but are there special discounts avail for NP members?

•••
No problem. At the moment all our plans are already discounted, since prices will increase by $1 to $5 in coming days/weeks for most plans. We've delayed the increase for quite some time, but it will soon take effect officially. Of course, existing prices are locked (even monthly billing), so they will not be changed should you order before any increase.

•••
Hey Faisj .

I just wanted to point out that I have been using Polurnet for for at least a year, and they are very good. There were a few glitches along the way, but nothing that gave me any serious downtime.

Also there support is great. They have always been quick to respond to emails, and they get the job done on there forums as well.

**Slipondajimmy is not a fictional person. He is a real client, and he approves this message. ** :)

•••
PolurNET said:
If you go over, you will see a bandwidth exceeded message. You will get automated warnings beforehand, and can track usage via WHM. Should you choose to upgrade, it ranges between $0.65/GB to $0.75/GB extra per month depending on the package purchased and account standing. Contact our sales department if you want to upgrade.

Note that live support is not designed for 24/7 response. Instead, see http://support.polurnet.com for our official method of getting in touch. Thanks for your interest

Could you give some more (financial) information incase the account
would go above the already bought datatraffic. (plan=rs230)

slipondajimmy said:
Hey Faisj .

I just wanted to point out that I have been using Polurnet for for at least a year, and they are very good. There were a few glitches along the way, but nothing that gave me any serious downtime.

Also there support is great. They have always been quick to respond to emails, and they get the job done on there forums as well.

**Slipondajimmy is not a fictional person. He is a real client, and he approves this message. ** :)

Thanks for the information buddy!

Last edited:
•••
Once again sounds like information you should be asking the host.

•••
ihosty said:
Once again sounds like information you should be asking the host.

Sorry to be this open now but, I am asking this question to the host.
(see above quote and reply)

I dont understand why you have a problem with me asking a question etc
like this at the community I like and where the host is also active in the
Web Hosting Discussion Forum.

•••
I just dont feel that namepros should be use as a point of contact for you and your host, thats what there website and staff are for at polurnet. Sorry if I am wrong on this situation its just how I feel.

•••
ihosty said:
I just dont feel that namepros should be use as a point of contact for you and your host, thats what there website and staff are for at polurnet. Sorry if I am wrong on this situation its just how I feel.

It's not my host (yet)
This is a forum at NP to talk about Web Hosting and as such I do so.

•••
Not a problem faisj, you can ask any questions you like.

As for your last question, I did provide the range we charge for over bandwidth (around $0.75/gb). If you want this in advance, you can contact our sales department any time.

Let me know if there's anything else.

•••
PolurNET said:
Not a problem faisj, you can ask any questions you like.

As for your last question, I did provide the range we charge for over bandwidth (around $0.75/gb). If you want this in advance, you can contact our sales department any time.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Thank you for the reply.
I think 0,75/gb is a okey price.

Is there also a discount avail if I pay for one year directly?
and how high is the uptime.

Could you also tell us where the servers are located and what kind of support is promised.

Thank you

•••
No, there are no discounts for other cycles.

Check our homepage for a description of datacenters and support policies (support.polurnet.com also has them).

•••
2 GB Space / 30 GB Bandwidth for $9.69/mth @ Polurnet
100 GB Space / 1000 GB Bandwidth for $9.95/mth @ Hostgator ( http://hostgator.com/shared.shtml )

Hmmm.... Which one to choose.....:o

•••
Reson: Hostgator oversell....polurnet dont. Overselling is not a bad thing though ;)

Also hostgator are about 10,000 times bigger than polur and are able to provide 5min response times...their staff are great (from experience). Haven't tried polurnet yet but dare say I will do eventually :)

vlad230 said:
2 GB Space / 30 GB Bandwidth for $9.69/mth @ Polurnet
100 GB Space / 1000 GB Bandwidth for $9.95/mth @ Hostgator ( http://hostgator.com/shared.shtml )

Hmmm.... Which one to choose.....:o

•••
10,000 times bigger than polur and able to provide 5 minute response times.

Abit of an exxxxxxxxagggggggggggggeraaaaaaaaaation I'd say?

- Steve

•••
I use both Polurnet and Hostgator & don't have anything negative to say about either..

•••
Could I ask why you use 2 hosts?

•••
I actaully use 3 hosts - I have a reseller account at polurnet for most of my sites but as I have 3 different directories I like to host them in different places on different IPs

•••
iNod said:

- Steve

Last count was something in the vicinity of 100,000 accounts over at WHT...that was back in Jan or Feb I think.

I wasn't trying to imply that Polar cant provide 5 minute responses by the way...As i said i really cant comment on Polurnet as I've not used them yet.

•••
rmwebs said:
iNod said:

- Steve

Last count was something in the vicinity of 100,000 accounts over at WHT...that was back in Jan or Feb I think

Assuming that is accurate, that would make them only around 100 times bigger ;) Of course, other considerations perhaps need to be taken to account, for example use of outsourced support, even ads in cpanel, which I've heard being used at HG. We don't intend to compete with the big folks though, that's why our individualized, more personal approach is different.

Last edited:
•••
But, with so many clients will this not increase the support time?

•••
faisj said:
But, with so many clients will this not increase the support time?

Speaking for myself, not necessarily, as by preventing most issues this decreases unnecessary tickets. Most established companies also have a large enough staff to handle demand as it increases. The ones that don't tend to get the bad reviews (1&1 taken as a case-in-point, as they are theoretically the largest webhost in the world, yet their reputation is questionable).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back