IT.COM

advice Policy for cleaning out a domain name portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
My problem in the past was owning too many names, and not managing them properly. It has cost me a lot of money in lost potential. I think my personal limit is 100 decent names, and I should limit myself to that. This means that I should clear down my current names to around 50, and look for some new ones to hold into the future.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm customising an auction script to list the names, and I think I've got 3 categories. I've got names that I want to keep like G8S.com, and I'll put a BIN of £50,000 on those because I don't really want to sell them. I've got others that I'll sell if the price is right, so what do I do with those? Do I put an overpriced BIN of (say) £10,000, and use the auction format to start at £25 with a one-year action, but with an offer to close early section. What would your reaction be to an auction of a name that is worth around £250 but has a BIN of £10,000, would you walk away, or would you try an offer based on the £25 start price.

The third category consists of names that I would like to sell, and there are numerous threads about those on NP, so they don't need any discussion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
in top registrars you can create folders,
like Brandables 3chars 4chars dotcom dotnet ...
i always have a premium folder with my top domains,

easy to manage, and when i export a file with my portfolio, i have a column with the folder ,
easy to work with in excel

•••
Excel doesn't drive traffic to your names or give you server stats.

•••
•••
That's why I want to host my own lists. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back