Dynadot

Plesk Vs Cpanel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you think about each control panel? Is one better than the other? Is there certain features you like on one that are not on the other, Share you likes, dislikes, and anything else about each control panel.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cPanel owns

Hi,

I find cPanel a lot easier to use and it has way better skins. Plus cPanel comes with WHM, which is pretty cool too.

•••
Yea Cpanel is cool! :D I've used both of them as an admin and as a client, and I still can't decide which I like best overall. There's certain things I like better on Plesk and certain things better on Cpanel. I like them both really, but Cpanel definitely wins the looks and features part. :)

•••
cpanel is definatly the way to go, do a google search for demos of the two programs, and see for yourself the useerfriendly, but better qualities of the two
if that makes sense lol

•••
ok, ds...

Plesk 100%

cPannel is too pretty, and not as functional. When I want to do something, I want it to be logically layed out, not to have icons.

cPanel might look better, but i can do things in Plesk like 10x faster.

•••
does any1 no where i can see a demo of plesk... id really like to see it

•••
I'm looking to buy a lease for the best panel out there that is both user friendly and stable. What would I choose?

I hear Plesk is very very stable, but cPanel requires a lot of attention.

I hear cPanel is very user-friendly, but Plesk isn't all that grand for users.

If someone can maybe help me find a place where it lists fully the advantages and disadvantages of the two...that would be very GREAT, OR maybe you could just give me some advice through here.

I'm making the big jump to an unmanaged dedicated server. I will be managing it myself. I don't want to come home everyday and find something wrong!

•••
PS. I'm trying to go for customer satisfaction..

•••
Depends on your target audience : If they are liable to be newer users who want a bit of guidance, CPanel wins hands down every time as it is very user friendly and it's always been reliable as far as my usage goes.

If your clients are more web pro's, then Plesk is probably the way to go as it is, in general, slicker and does everything you need anyway.

It's mainly personal preference, but if your users are liable to be new to the website lark, then I'd definitely go CPanel.

John

•••
cPanel, I must say is too heavy. Its user interface is not needed and can be deemed as unnecessary. Plesk is obviously faster and usually offers much more control. And i love CONTROL! im control freak ;)

•••
I prefer CPanel. I like better GUI.

•••
I find cPanel great, it has great features, and it lays it out in an easy to use way.

•••
CPanel because of it's GUI

•••
One things for sure IMO, Both beat Ensim.

Damn, do I hate Ensim.

•••
I find Cpanel's features hard to beat. When you add Fantastico, it becomes utterly awesome.

•••
Took the words right out of my mouth Nic ;)

Mike

•••
Plesk= For the more advanced person that knows what they are doing. The GUI isnt as pretty, but it ca n gets things done faster if you know how. If you know how to use it, its a dream.

Cpanel= For the average user. Not to say that people who use Cpanel are dumb, but its alot easier to navigate and view what you want to do by buttons and images which makes it very easy. Cpanel is very good looking, and with fatastico, like nic said, it is very easy to do things that beginners cannot do on their own. So, its just more convienient and quicker for those who arent familiar with plesk. I have to admit though it does have a handful of more features :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back