Dynadot

Please help a tangled up newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

flipswitch

Impact
Hi people

Little disclaimer, I know precisely NOTHING about anything. So please bear it in mind that you are talking to the antithesis of a tech genius. Thanks :)

Okay so I made a website on ehost earlier this year. They gave me a free domain with the package I bought. I ran out of time and money to do anything with the site, so I emailed ehost to quit the monthly payment. Now I just have an empty webpage and domain doing nothing, so I wonder if I could sell it? Is that legal? Or does the domain belong to ehost? I really don't know where I stand in this regard as there is no info on ehost website. They are not all that helpful to be honest, I think they are a little crooked.

The reason I ask if I could sell it is that I left a notice on the empty webpage saying "this domain is for sale". When I didn't know better and was under the impression it was legal, but now I don't know, hence why I ask.

But I literally put that notice up and 24 hrs later I got an email from a Maria Brosset at the swiss bar association, asking whether she could buy the domain from me as she is the agent for a Belgian investor. I can post the emails up if you want to see them, she was quitepersistent, but I don't know if this is at all legit or whether I'm being scammed.

So I'm all tangled up and if someone could help me I would be super grateful.

Basically,

1. Is it legal for me to sell my ehost domain and

2. Should I trust this buyer person

Thank you so much!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
appraisal scam

move on
Thank you biggie. I did suspect it was a scam because there was something weird about it.

Cheers much! :)

•••
yeah, just use the search feature here and enter 'appraisal scam'

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back