Dynadot

domain Please estimate Splerge.com and a few other domains

NameSilo
Watch

Nonsequitur

Impact
I recently caught the domain bug, unfortunately to date I think I have a bunch of losers, I am learning though, I just went with too many clever word-play, pun type urls... as opposed to a keyword approach --I listed a few below that might not suck as bad- Oh and please be gentle, I am new!

I apologize in advance if Ilisted too many, and i haven't done anything with any of these, they are just parked

Splerge.com branded-ecommerce-luxury goods
Spoondex.com branded-food-review/ratings or restaurant listings
Politimob.com Politics- crowd funding
PollWonk.com political site/ polling data
TheAngryWeb.com ??
SaferStorm.com e-commerce centered around storm preparedness
4ktvs4sale.com 4K TVs
4000Video.com 4KTVs
KneeInjectables.com Medical- Osteo field
CribMap.com real estate, rental listings:-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any thoughts?

Ok my OP was NOT a non sequitur. Any feedback.

•••
I think splerge.com is my favorite its Brandable sounds like splurge. Maybe brand bucket would accept it.
Cribmap could OK to both would do better if you develop them. Undeveloped I think xx to xxx for each. The rest look like reg fee imo. Good luck though.

•••
Welcome to Namepros

I dont see any value in these name, my advice advice to you is read this forum thoroughly before regging any more names...I mean for a few weeks before even thinking about registering more names. Then research a field or niche and focus on that area rather than just regging brandable names like these above, you are better off focusing on keyword names when starting out

Good luck

•••
I like Spoondex as a brandable. Has a sound to it xD

•••
Welcome to domaining, Nonsequitur. I agree that most of these don't have any value, but as others mentioned I could maybe see the first two being used for something, somewhere, sometime... :)

I would read a lot of threads here at Namepros (the search box is your friend!), see the large number of domains that go unsold in the forum marketplace, see what sort of domains ARE selling in the marketplace, read domain sales reports (ex: DNJournal), read domain blogs (ex: Domain Name Wire)..... then register domains in small batches to test your ideas (you can get some very cheaply if you use coupons - a search for GoDaddy discount codes will bring up a thread that can save you a lot).

You'll get a hang of it, just don't rush yourself. You definitely came to the right forum if you're wanting to learn!

Last edited:
•••
Not much value in your domains so far unfortunately. As other pros said the best advice we can all give you is to read a lot before spending more money.

Said that, you have a couple of decent brandables that maybe one day will be sold; now it's totally up to you to decide if and for how long you want to hold on to them before deciding to let them go.

Also, you can always develop a website out of them and try to make some money; at least getting your investment back. Or you can ask for a refund for the domains you think you will never be able to sell.

Don't worry though..we all have been there and sometimes we still are

•••
Great feedback. Much appreciated. I agree with all of you the few halfway decent brandables but who knows who would ever need/want them and why. I had one domain plundit.com but I let it go, now it is being used as a political crowd funding site... wonder if they would have paid me? They probably would have just tweaked it..

A lot of information to digest in these threads... I will pause my regging and reflect.

photonmymind, all of these were simply purchased through go daddy, how would I get a refund? I didn't buy these through and auction or privately...

•••
If You Bought Them In The Last Few Days Just Contac Go Daddy Costumer Support And Ask For A Refund.

•••
Back