NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlebo

Top Member
Impact
Hello pros,

I picked this up due to frenzy in the pot/weed/etc. Plus the potential for the generic Pots and pans use. I would love to hear what everyone thinks this is worth.

Thank you in advance.

MLebo.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bump. Does anyone have any opinions on what this is worth?

•••
may be you get 200$ + or something big.

•••
On the domain reseller market its probably worth about $500, but really it should be worth at least $2k and maybe even up to 10k to an end user that is eager to get into the cannabis delivery business. I'm not a big fan of the word "pot" for professional businesses, but I do have to admit it is a good short name and it would be hard to find a name much better than this. There is a lot of money being spent in that industry now and within the next few years.

Best of luck with it!

•••
The TLD has fewer than 10K regs and only 2 reported sales... still a tough sell imo.
But I can see some advertising potential for a pot parlor or express home delivery service :laugh:

•••
Looks like it has great branding potential, may not be a bad idea to reach out to a few Medical Marijuana Dispensaries To see if you get any decent offers...

•••
Thank you Deez007, Kate, RJ, and Reseignunit for your input. All of you have pointed out valid information and I agree with all of your comments. This domain isn't my usual purchase; however I couldn't pass up the marketing and brand potential.

As for value, I think estimating values in RJ's opinion. This obviously has potential. The hard part as always is finding the market.

If anyone else has any additional input, I would love to hear your opinions.

Thank you.

•••
Bump. Any other opinions?

•••
Pot.club was sold at NamesCon for 10k this year. Pot is a very strong keyword. Huge industry here. However, your extension is not yet strong enough. To an end user, a sale of $x,xxx is a possibility imo. It might take time and hard but who knows you might be lucky. Good luck.

•••
•••
How much did it cost you? And what is the annual renewal fees?

•••
How much did it cost you? And what is the annual renewal fees?

Renewal is $ 139.99/yr. I do not discuss what I paid for domains because it is irrelevant to what it is worth. If I paid $5 or $50,000, it wouldn't change how an end user values the domain. What is your estimate in value?

•••
I do not discuss what I paid for domains
Fair enough. I was just interested to know really, ie if you hand regged for a premium price.

What is your estimate in value?
There is a known market value for "pot" related but no useful previous sales or usage for ".direct" TLD domains which makes appraisals impossible really as it's all about a very few end users who might want it.

It's a lot of money each year to "wait and see" if someone wants this name or people in general start using .direct TLD. however, I think it should pay off, with at least mid maybe high 3 figure offers coming in given the increase in related domain sales.

Good luck with it :)

•••
Bump. Any other opinions in what this worth?

•••
Reseller low xxx enduser low to mid x,xxx . Good luck ! Great name !

•••
But I can see some advertising potential for a pot parlor or express home delivery service :laugh:

Already happening in Washington state.

•••
I think it is around 3-6k what can be achieved with active outbound marketing to potential end-users in next 2 years..if you can keep it longer, and really get it sold to right end-user, it might be lot more. Because of higher renewal price, more activity is probably needed, as each year of holding this domain unsold costs 139.99 USD (but on the other side, this renewal price it is not that high, so it is not going to deter right end-user from buying it imo).

•••
What do you think this is worth is today's market? Cannabis market has expanded and looks like it will continue to do so.

•••
Hello everyone, With Canada and other US states coming on board what is your estimate of current value? Do you think the value will increase?

•••
What do you think the current value is?

•••
In the current market, what do you think this is worth?

•••
You seriously need to due some major research and find out "who's" delivering pot and begin a serious outbound campaign.
Good luck

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back