Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariopol

Impact
As in the title, please let me know what do you think about:

persian.cat

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Will there be a catS extension, that would bother me

Nice, would think it was labeled 'premium' by the registry (they like to grab everything that blatantly obvious)

While it's really impossible to appraise a cat extension, my approach would be to identify your most likely enduser (a persian cat breeder) and guestimate the most they would spend (say a litter, $2000 ?)

This might be max that a community/forum persian-cats.com or an association would pay.

So reseller $xx-lowxxx to enduser towards $2000

Good Luck

•••
Pet business is lucrative and fairly recession proof. I would say $2,000 - $5,000

•••
Welcome to NP

Cant see any value in this one, you could possible find a Persian cat lover who might want it, but it will be tough finding that person

My advice would be stay away from the new extensions

$0-$50

•••
It is a good domain in that small niche extension.
The pet business is a big industry. There are plenty of Persian Cat breeders out there and they fetch big bucks. I had 2 Bengal cats what cost xxxx each.
I think you could find an end user for this to pay high xxx or low xxxx.
Good luck!

•••
Hello,

A good example of a really good new gTLD combination. Very hard to appraise, as mentioned before, but for a larger persian cat breeder, $XXXX would not surprise me.

Can I ask about the renewal fee?

Last edited:
•••
The TLD is restricted. It is for Catalonia and it was released years ago. Nothing to do with the recent wave of new extensions.

There is only one reported sale in dnsaleprice:
Vins cat $1,122 Feb 12 Sedo 1 4 N N http://Vins.cat DNJournal

And the TLD is ten years old.
You can see the aftermarket potential.

Last edited:
•••
The TLD is restricted. It is for Catalonia and it was released years ago. Nothing to do with the recent wave of new extensions.

There is only one reported sale in dnsaleprice:
Vins cat $1,122 Feb 12 Sedo 1 4 N N http://Vins.cat DNJournal

And the TLD is ten years old.
You can see the aftermarket potential.

Thanks for the info. I think I've never heard of it before (?) and thought it was "just" another new gTLD, like .DOG.

Edit. There are at least a few more sales: http://dnpric.es/?q=.cat ;)

•••
Same Same, I thought it was another crazy extension they had released.
If it was .Cat (as in Pets) then Persian would have some value, otherwise, probably not.

•••
The words match both sides of the dot. However I don't think it will be to good with dot cat to be honest.

Just my opinion but hope all goes well anyway.

Best,
Paul

•••
Hello!

Name and extension match very well. However, I think it's a too narrow niche to be easy to sell. Development would be interesting and maybe profitable. For the name alone, I would say high $xx to low $xxx.

Best of luck!

•••
•••
0 Why? "anyone can register a .cat domain regardless of where the holder comes from, provided significant content in Catalan is posted on the website." that kinda rules every potential buyer out.

•••
Your end-user is literally a persian cat.

Sell it to one.. see if he is interested.

•••
I am not sure about this extension because I just knew that even this extension exist. At my first glance to this domain name I had in mind that this would value for mid $xx to high $xx. If I am wrong for this extension then please correct me. Why I am talking about extension rather than talking about domain or its keyword is every time a good extension makes a good domain name. Any way good luck with it.

•••
Vins dot cat was sold for $1,122 via sedo. Source dnsaleprice.com. This is the only one sales history of .cat extension I managed to find so far.

•••
Thanks all !!!
I feel, that I will think about developing it - there are hundreds of thousands of "persian cat" connected searches in Google every month... with a little bit of content, it may earn monthly more with ads than your predicted sale price... ;)

Last edited:
•••
On the other hand, many of you dislike and recomend not to invest in new domains...
I remember 15-20 years ago, the same they were saying about investing in domains at all... ;)
In another few years we will see who is right...

•••
It has a nice ring to it, if you can get traffic and not get trapped by the content in the language specified issue, you should be able to get an end user for it.
My only question would be, how much spare money would a cat breeder have to outlay?
They may not be as ".com" aware as we do, and buy on impulse.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back