Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain Please appraise my new domain.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

enki

Established Member
Impact
0
Hey Everyone,
Just picked up routed(dot)com. Was wondering what people thought it was worth. Was planning on using it for a personal site, and maybe down the road turn it into something more productive. I figure that it could be valuable due to people/companies/trainers who deal with routers (Cisco, etc.).
Thanks!
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Make a Networking Blog / support forum etc.. out of it
that would be cool!
 
0
•••
I'm new here,, so please don't take me too seriously...but, it's short and sexy. I think it will be worth some money if you put a little into it.
 
0
•••
Depends how much you paid for it...
 
0
•••
Make a Networking Blog / support forum etc.. out of it
that would be cool!

That was something I was thinking of doing. I liked the domain for personal email, and since I do networking as a job, was thinking of using it along those lines.

I'm new here,, so please don't take me too seriously...but, it's short and sexy. I think it will be worth some money if you put a little into it.

Thanks.

Depends how much you paid for it...

I paid $500. Didn't want to say right away and taint the appraisal ;).
Good deal?
 
0
•••
this name is also used alot as the past tense of using a wood router tool. I feel you can always at least get your money back on this.
 
0
•••
Are you a developer? If someone spend that amount on a domain they basically have to do something with it in terms of development otherwise its a waste of money. I don't think you paid to much but you did pay a lot and you have to make it worth it in some way.
Good Luck!
 
0
•••
Its a versatile, 1 word .com, so i would put it at mid $xxx-mid $x,xxx.

Brandable too, so you can make a "concept" out of it if you want to..
 
0
•••
nice domain. It's right up my alley, so I would develop it. You could flip it easily for twice what you paid imho.
 
0
•••
Routed.com has got a great little twist. I happen to like the purchase, I think you paid a "good" price. However, there are some limitations when considering resale. The primary issue is keyword usage, since its not a consumer keyword, your looking primarily at a "brand".

They are a bit tougher to sell to end-users, because you really need an end-user calling you, and often they are far and few between. However, I like the term because it fits nicely into the "tech" age and really has quite a few options for development.

Congrats, I like the purchase. I would anticipate a sales price in the $1,500 - $3,000 range.
 
0
•••
its a nice sounding 1 word .com

im no expert but i think its worth something and 500 is a good deal for that one, thats my 2 cents. :)
 
0
•••
if your going to develop and resell then $500 is a good price.you can possibly sell this for low x,xxx. But you paid too much if your just going to sell it name alone.
 
0
•••
It's best if you will make it as a bookmarking or networking site. I think it's cool.
 
0
•••
500 bucks is a great deal, even if you don't resell, and you develop it and use it.
Congrats!!!
 
0
•••
Thanks everyone for the information, feedback and advice.

Hopefully if I get some time, I plan on developing it into a networking information resource page, like suggested. Not really as a business, more of a hobby. Especially since, as someone studying for their CCNP, know it could be useful. But it's good to know that the consensus is that I didn't pay too much and if needed could at least get my money back and/or turn a small profit. Plus i think it sounds cool! :)

Thanks again!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back