Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phonologic

Established Member
Impact
Hi, please appraise FoldingPhones.com

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$15 to $40 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
•••
As a Motorola Razr user, I will give my opinion. To my knowledge there is only three main players in the market. I think most potential buyers for the product are more inclined to visit these websites directly for the time being. I can honestly say at the moment there's no real advantage to a folding phone. Sure it's more compact but the weight is generally much heavier due to the folding mechanism but I am impressed with the screen, once opened you can't really tell the difference.

The market is there but it is not great. Even though it's a whole new generation I've noticed people still refer to them as flip-phones. So as for the domain, yes even I looked to see if it was available about 6 years ago. Personally, and for the time-being, the term has passed its interest peak. It will come again but only if many manufacturers enter the market.

I think you would have got your best price around 4 to5 years ago. when it was a hot-topic. Today, I won't give you my price because I think you'll be totally disappointed. This is a term that you'll have to hold onto to see if the market really takes off, instead of just the interest. You need at least nine to maybe a dozen different players out there for the generic term to hold credence to my mind.

Last edited:
•••
I see huge potential in the domain FoldingPhones. The foldable phone market is booming, with major players like Samsung, OnePlus, Oppo, and Google Pixel all investing heavily in this technology. While I can't guarantee a sale price, a dedicated review, news, and guide site built around this domain would be extremely well-positioned for success.

•••
I see huge potential in the domain FoldingPhones. The foldable phone market is booming, with major players like Samsung, OnePlus, Oppo, and Google Pixel all investing heavily in this technology. While I can't guarantee a sale price, a dedicated review, news, and guide site built around this domain would be extremely well-positioned for success.
I agree, though I personally have no time to build such a site. Which is why I was hoping it might be worth something to the right buyer.

•••
As a Motorola Razr user, I will give my opinion. To my knowledge there is only three main players in the market. I think most potential buyers for the product are more inclined to visit these websites directly for the time being. I can honestly say at the moment there's no real advantage to a folding phone. Sure it's more compact but the weight is generally much heavier due to the folding mechanism but I am impressed with the screen, once opened you can't really tell the difference.

The market is there but it is not great. Even though it's a whole new generation I've noticed people still refer to them as flip-phones. So as for the domain, yes even I looked to see if it was available about 6 years ago. Personally, and for the time-being, the term has passed its interest peak. It will come again but only if many manufacturers enter the market.

I think you would have got your best price around 4 to5 years ago. when it was a hot-topic. Today, I won't give you my price because I think you'll be totally disappointed. This is a term that you'll have to hold onto to see if the market really takes off, instead of just the interest. You need at least nine to maybe a dozen different players out there for the generic term to hold credence to my mind.
Yes, interestingly, I picked up this domain in 2015, before there were "foldable phones". I was as surprised as much as anyone when they started making those.

The domain name should only be worth more due to the existence of foldable screen tech, in my opinion, not less simply because those phones aren't getting a big market share right now.

I understand it's only worth as much as someone is willing to spend, however.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back