Watch

itsawesome

Impact
Hi everyone,

Please appraise my domain.

dikpu.com

Thanks a lot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well... in a way you're on the right track, but in another way you're well off it. :)

5L pronounceable names tend to be a good investment these days, but you still have to consider how the name sounds and what type of business would want it.

In the case of Dikpu, the pronunciation seems to pigeon-hole it as an adult domain (dick poo?). I did a Google search for the term to see if it has any other meanings, and the first thing that comes up is this thread! So that's never a great sign. Without some other relevant meaning, I can't imagine many companies or sites wanting to be associated with a name that sounds like that.

I would say swing and a miss on this one, and getting back reg fee would be good. There are a lot of great threads on this forum regarding brandable names. This one is a good start:

https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-guide-to-brandable-domains-with-brandbuckets-michael-krell.943075/

Take some time to do a lot of reading, and you'll be in a much better place for the next purchase.

•••
Well... in a way you're on the right track, but in another way you're well off it. :)

5L pronounceable names tend to be a good investment these days, but you still have to consider how the name sounds and what type of business would want it.

In the case of Dikpu, the pronunciation seems to pigeon-hole it as an adult domain (dick poo?). I did a Google search for the term to see if it has any other meanings, and the first thing that comes up is this thread! So that's never a great sign. Without some other relevant meaning, I can't imagine many companies or sites wanting to be associated with a name that sounds like that.

I would say swing and a miss on this one, and getting back reg fee would be good. There are a lot of great threads on this forum regarding brandable names. This one is a good start:

Take some time to do a lot of reading, and you'll be in a much better place for the next purchase.

Thank you so much for your time,reply & guidance.
I really appreciate it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back